Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses"
in its entirety. It should provide one of the Internet's best resources for people seeking
a basic electricity course - complete with examples worked out. See
Table of Contents. • U.S. Government Printing Office; 1945 - 618779
Chapter 9 QUIZ
1. Work out the answers for each unknown in the practice circuits in the following drawing.
2. Four motors are paralleled on a 120 volt line. What is the total line current if each
3. What is the total resistance of one 10 ohm resistor, one 20 ohm resistor, and one
ohm resistor if they are connected in parallel?
4. Two loads are connected in parallel on a 220 volt line.
The first draws 25 amperes and
the second draws 41 amperes. What is the total current? What is the total
5. In a 120 volt parallel circuit there are four devices. One requires 1/2 ampere, another
1/4 ampere, another 1-1/4 amperes, and the fourth 3 amperes. What is the total
6. What is the resistance of each device in problem 5? What is the total resistance?
Chapter 9 ANSWERS
1. A:E1 = 12 V., E2 = 12 V., E3 = 12 v. B:It
= 15a., C:Rt = 2 ohms. D:Rt = 2 ohms.
2. 10 amps.
3. 5.45 ohms.
4. 66 amps. 3.33 ohms.
5. 5 amps.
6. 240 ohms, 480 ohms, 176 ohms, 40 ohms, 24 ohms.