Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses"
in its entirety. It should provide one of the Internet's best resources for people seeking
a basic electricity course - complete with examples worked out. See
Table of Contents. • U.S. Government Printing Office; 1945 - 618779
Chapter 8 Quiz: The Series Circuit
1. Work out the answers for each unknown in the practice circuits in the following drawing.
2. Three heating resistances are connected in series. Each has a resistance of 20 ohms and a current of 10 amperes. What is the voltage drop across (a) each resistance, (b) the total circuit?
3. What is the power consumed (a) in each unit, (b) in the total circuit of problem 2?
4. Two 25 watt lamps are connected in series on a 240 volt line. What is the current through each lamp?
5. What is the total voltage drop of four resistors connected in series, if each resistor has 50 ohms resistance and 4 amperes of current?
Return to Chapter 8
Chapter 8 Answers
The Series Circuit
1. A = I1 = 6a., I2 = 6a. B:Vt = 120 v. C:Rt = 18 ohms. D:Rt = 12 ohms, It = 0.67 a.
2. (a) 200 V., (b) 600 v.
3. (a) 2,000 w., (b) 6,000 w.
4. 0.21 a.
5. 800 v.