Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses"
in its entirety. It should provide one of the Internet's best resources for people seeking
a basic electricity course - complete with examples worked out. See
Table of Contents. • U.S. Government Printing Office; 1945 - 618779
Chapter 8 Quiz: The Series
1. Work out the answers for each unknown
in the practice circuits in the following drawing.
2. Three heating resistances are connected in series. Each has a resistance of 20
ohms and a current of 10 amperes. What is the voltage drop across (a) each resistance,
(b) the total circuit?
3. What is the power consumed (a) in each unit, (b) in the total circuit of problem
4. Two 25 watt lamps are connected in series on a 240 volt line. What is the current
through each lamp?
5. What is the total voltage drop of four resistors connected in series, if each resistor
has 50 ohms resistance and 4 amperes of current?
to Chapter 8
Chapter 8 Answers
The Series Circuit
1. A = I1 = 6a., I2 = 6a.
B:Vt = 120 v. C:Rt = 18 ohms.
D:Rt = 12 ohms, It = 0.67 a.
2. (a) 200 V., (b) 600 v.
3. (a) 2,000 w., (b) 6,000 w.
4. 0.21 a.
5. 800 v.