Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses"
(NAVPERS 10622) in its entirety. It should provide one of the Internet's
best resources for people seeking a basic electricity course - complete with examples
worked out. See
Contents. • U.S. Government Printing Office; 1945 - 618779
Chapter 6 Quiz
1. Solve for the unknown value in each of the circuits in the following drawing
2. A lamp has 2 amperes of current through its 30 ohms of resistance. What current
will flow if the resistance is increased to 60 ohms?
3. A certain lamp has 50 ohms of resistance and is built to carry 2.4 amperes.
Will the lamp stand (a) 110 v. (b) 220 v.?
4. What two things control current in every circuit?
to Chapter 6
Chapter 6 Answers
1. A - 4.4 amps. B - 108 v.
C - 30 ohms. D - 20 v.
2. 1 amp.
3. (a) Yes, the current is only 2.2 amps at 110 v. (b) No,
the current is 4.4 amps at
220 volts. This current would burn
out the lamp.
4. Voltage and resistance.