Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses" (NAVPERS 10622) in its
entirety. It should provide one of the Internet's best resources for people
seeking a basic electricity course - complete with examples worked out. See
Table of Contents.
¶ U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE; 1945 - 618779
CHAPTER 6 QUIZ
1. Solve for
the unknown value in each of the circuits in the following drawing.
2. A lamp has 2 amperes of current through its 30 ohms of resistance. What current will
flow if the
resistance is increased to 60 ohms?
3. A certain lamp has 50 ohms of resistance and is built to carry 2.4
amperes. Will the
lamp stand (a) 110 v. (b) 220 v.?
4. What two things control current in every
CHAPTER 6 ANSWERS
1. A - 4.4 amps. B - 108 v. C - 30 ohms. D - 20 v.
2. 1 amp.
3. (a) Yes, the current is only 2.2 amps at 110 v. (b) No, the current is 4.4 amps at
220 volts. This
current would burn out the lamp.
4. Voltage and resistance.