Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses"
(NAVPERS 10622) in its entirety. It should provide one of the Internet's
best resources for people seeking a basic electricity course - complete with examples
worked out. See
Contents. • U.S. Government Printing Office; 1945 - 618779
Chapter 5 QUIZ
1. What does emf mean?
2. What four kinds of energy can be converted into electrical energy?
3. What are the two most common sources of electrical power?
4. What is an ion?
5. Why can't primary cells be recharged?
6. What is the principal advantage of secondary cells?
Return to Chapter 5
Chapter 5 ANSWERS
1. Electromotive force. The force which moves electrons.
2. Mechanical, chemical, frictional, and heat energies.
3. Generators and batteries.
4. An ion is an atom which has lost or gained one or more electrons. It becomes a
5. A part of the primary cell is used up in delivering current.
6. They can be recharged.