Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses" (NAVPERS 10622) in its
entirety. It should provide one of the Internet's best resources for people
seeking a basic electricity course - complete with examples worked out. See
Table of Contents.
¶ U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE; 1945 - 618779
CHAPTER 17 QUIZ
are the two outstanding characteristics of a.c.?
2. An a.c. has a maximum value, of 25 amperes. What is
its effective value?
3. How does resistance affect the phase of a current?
4. How does inductive
reactance affect the phase of a current?
5. How does capacitive reactance affect the phase of a current?
6. How could you reduce the total reactance of an inductive circuit?
7. A circuit contains 18 ohms of
capacitive reactance, 12 ohms of inductive reactance
and 8 ohms of resistance. (a) What is the total
reactance? (b) What is the impedance?
(c) Does the current lag or lead?
CHAPTER 17 ANSWERS
A-C CIRCUITS1. A.C. is constantly changing in value and regularly
reverses its direction.2. 17.675 amps.3.
Resistance keeps the current "in phase." 4. Inductive reactance makes the
current lag its voltage. 5. Capacitive reactance makes the current lead its
voltage. 6. Add capacitive reactance by inserting a condenser.
7. (a) 6 ohms of reactance. (b) 1Q ohms of impedance. (c) The current leads.