Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses"
in its entirety. It should provide one of the Internet's best resources for people seeking
a basic electricity course - complete with examples worked out. See
Table of Contents. • U.S. Government Printing Office; 1945 - 618779
Chapter 16 QUIZ
1. What is the name of the only d-c motor which will run on a.c.?
2. What is the polarity of the
secondary if the primary is north?
3. Do a-c coils have a fixed polarity?
4. What does "Polyphase"
5. What are the units for measuring phase?
6. What is the meaning of "out-of-phase?"
7. Does any mechanical part of a stator move?
8. What does move in a rotating magnetic field?
9. Does the squirrel cage rotor have any electrical connection to a source of supply?
10. How does current
get in the squirrel cage rotor?
11. The squirrel cage rotor is what kind of a circuit?
12. Does a
wound rotor have an electrical connection to a source of supply?
13. How does current get in the wound
14. How is a synchronous rotor energized?
15. What is "magnetic lock?"
16. Name the three
types of single phase motors.
17. What two methods are used to split single phase into two phases?
Chapter 16 ANSWERS
1. The series-universal motor.
3. No. A.C. coils reverse polarity with every re verse of current.
4. More than one time.
5. In electrical degrees.
8. Only the flux field produced by the stator windings.
10. A voltage is induced in the squirrel cage
rotor. This voltage forces current through
the windings. Always a shirt circuit.
13. By induction-exactly like the
14. With d.c. from an exciter, fed to the rotor via slip
15. The field between rotor and stator poles of a synchronous motor.
16. Series-universal, repulsion-induction, and split phase.
17. Resistance and a condenser.