Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses" (NAVPERS 10622) in its
entirety. It should provide one of the Internet's best resources for people
seeking a basic electricity course - complete with examples worked out. See
Table of Contents.
¶ U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE; 1945 - 618779
CHAPTER 12 QUIZ
1. Is the direction of flux correctly labeled for the electromagnets in the following drawing?
2. Which of these coils is the strongest?
A has 22 turns and 5 amperes.
B has 37 turns and 3 amperes.
C has 17 turns and 9 amperes.
3. How can you increase a coil's strength without changing the construction?
Return to Chapter 12
CHAPTER 12 ANSWERS
1. A: correct. B: incorrect. C: incorrect. D: correct.
2. C is the strongest.
3. Increase the coil's current.
Webmaster: Kirt Blattenberger, BSEE, UVM 1989