More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.
•−• ••−• −•−• •− ••−• •
RF Cafe Morse Code >Hear It<
All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly those who are fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it, they would make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going to be interviewed for a job.
Some of these books used in quizzes are available as prizes in the monthly RF Cafe Giveaway.
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted in whole or in part from the text.
2. Who is credited with discovering the transistor?
3. Who invented the Viterbi programming algorithm?
Robert Pease is a prolific inventor at National Semiconductor, Albert Einstein was Albert Einstein, and Robert Lucky invented the adaptive equalizer.
4. Who is credited with inventing the triode amplifier vacuum tube (Audion)?
Sir Jonathan Audion is a fictitious name, James Watt invented the steam engine, and Brian Koenigsmark is an engineer I worked with at Comsat.
5. Who invented the tunnel diode?
b) Leo Esaki
Scott Adams draws the Dilbert comic strip, Patrick Fitzgerald is an engineer I worked with at Lockheed Martin, and Igor Stravinsky was a Russian composer.
6. Who is credited with inventing spread spectrum communications?
c) Hedy Lamarr
Akio Morita founded Sony Corporation, Thomas Steenland is a technician I worked with at Simmonds Precision Instruments, and Albert (Al) Gore invented the Internet.
7. Who is credited with inventing frequency modulation (FM)?
Heike Onnes discovered superconductivity, Robert Jarvik invented the artificial heart, and Charlie Eppes applies advanced mathematics to solve cases for the FBI on Numb3rs.
8. Who is credited with inventing television?
Yataro Iwasaki founded Mitsubishi, and Lothar Rohde & Hermann Schwarz founded Rohde & Schwarz (R&S).
10. Who is credited with inventing the first integrated circuit?
b) Jack Kilby (aided by Robert Noyce)
Garrett Morgan invented the traffic light, James (Jim) Wilson is the ϋber engineer who inspired my journey into electrical engineering, and Grace Hopper invented the computer complier.