All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly
those who are fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it, they would make equally
excellent study material for the same persons who are going to be interviewed for a job.
Some of these books used in quizzes are available as
prizes in the monthly RF Cafe Giveaway
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted from
Return to RF Cafe Quiz #12
1. c) Japan. SANYO Located in Moriguchi,
Osaka. Sanyo means "three oceans" -
specifically, the Pacific, Atlantic, and
Indian Oceans - and symbolizes the
company's global perspective.
2. a) The Netherlands. Royal Philips, commonly known as just "Philips," is
headquartered in Amsterdam.
3. b) The United States. Motorola is headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois.
4. a) South Korea. Samsung Electronics is a division of the Samsung Group, and is
headquartered in Seoul.
5. b) Finland. Nokia is headquartered in Espoo.
6. a) Japan. Sony is headquartered in Shinagawa, Tokyo.
7. b) Hong Kong. VTech is headquartered in Kowloon.
8. c) The United States. Zenith is headquartered in Lincolnshire, IL.
9. a) South Korea. LG Electronics is headquartered in Seoul. LG comes from an
abbreviation of "Lucky - Goldstar."
10. c) Japan. Pioneer is headquartered in Meguro, Tokyo.
Webmaster: Kirt Blattenberger, BSEE, UVM 1989