Innovative, low-cost, stable RF signal generator is software-tunable from 54MHz to 13.6GHz in 0.1
10/6/2016 - Fairport, NY - Saelig Company Inc. announces the
- a temperature-compensated, dual-channel, software-tunable RF signal generator and frequency sweeper,
controlled and powered via a USB port on a device running Windows or Android software. The
Technologies SynthHD PRO's dual, independent 54 MHz to 13.6 GHz channels can be configured to run at
two different frequencies, or at the same frequency with different phases. This allows its use in antenna
beam steering applications or quadrature signal generation commonly used in image-reject frequency conversion.
The SynthHD PRO also has nonvolatile on board memory so it can be programmed to start up by itself on
any frequency, power, sweep or modulation setting (or combinations thereof) to run stand-alone in field
use. This makes it a highly mobile, low power, and light weight signal source for many RF signal generation
HD stands for High Definition:
- 54 MHZ to 13.6 GHZ in 0.1 Hz steps
- -50 dBm to +20 dBm (typical) in 0.01 dB steps
- Set each channel to independent frequencies and amplitudes
- 0 to 360 degrees coherent phase control in 0.01 degree steps on each channel
- Stack multiple devices for coherent phase control on every channel
- Select internal 10 or 27MHz reference or use external 10-100MHz reference
- Pulse, AM and FM internal modulation including FMCW radar chirp
- Pulse Modulation with 1uS minimum width and 1uS resolution
- Pulse, AM and FM external modulation from DC – 10KHz
- Powerful Trigger modes allow external triggering of most functions without a PC connected
- Linear and list mode (frequency and amplitude hopping) sweeps include dual channel differential
- Save all settings to the device for use without a PC
- 32 bit ARM processor on board which is Arduino compatible (Teensy 3.2)
- Digital schematics and complete Labview GUI executable and source code (pictured below) included
- Top and bottom side PCB snap connector locations brings 20 power, analog and digital I/Os to your
custom mezzanine boards
- Windows, Linux and Android compatibility
- Designed and manufactured in the USA with maximized value / cost ratio
The Windfreak Technologies SynthHD PRO's typical channel output power is 20dBm maximum and -40dBm minimum, with the variable
gain set via a 16-bit D/A. Each RF channel's power and frequency is independent, with dBm power levels
settable in 0.01dB increments and frequency resolution of 0.1Hz or less with 2.5ppm frequency accuracy.
For more complex applications the SynthHD PRO also has an internal 100 point Frequency and Amplitude
Hop Table, with a 0.01 degree phase control on each channel and a fast 4mS RF lock time.
On-board calibration is attained through a user-programmable look up table, plus two overall bias
constants. Full unique device calibration can be performed at the factory and stored in onboard EEPROM.
All parts of the signal chain have high quality voltage regulation, and the D/A's driving the VGAs have
a 1% voltage reference controlling their outputs. The SynthHD PRO can measure its own temperature, allowing
for excellent power and frequency control over a wide temperature range. Open source Labview GUI software,
which features an Absolute Power display, is provided for setup and control of the unit via a USB port.
Compact in size (2.8" X 2.2"), the Windfreak
Technologies SynthHD PRO will find application in wireless communications systems
design, antenna beam steering, quadrature oscillators for image-reject mixers, RF and microwave radios,
software-defined radio (SDR), radar systems including FMCW, automated test equipment (ATE), radiated
immunity pre-compliance EMC testing, etc.
Designed and manufactured in USA by Windfreak Technologies, a designer of low cost, innovative RF
products that are in use worldwide in a variety of technical applications, the SynthHD PRO is a highly
mobile, low power, lightweight solution for sophisticated RF signal generation needs. It is available
now from Saelig Company, Inc. Fairport, NY.
For detailed specifications, free technical assistance, or additional information, please contact
Saelig (585) 385-1750, via email: 1-888-7SAELIG, via email:
email@example.com, or visit
About Saelig Company, Inc.
Founded in 1988 in Rochester, New York, Saelig is a North American distributor with a growing reputation
for finding and sourcing unique, easy-to-use control and instrumentation products and related active
components, for use in a variety of industries. Products lines are continuously added from sources across
the globe, and are offered at highly competitive prices, accompanied by full in-house technical support,
exceptional customer service, and fast delivery. For full details of available product lines, please
Saelig Company, Inc.
71 Perinton Parkway
Fairport, NY 14450
USA Toll-Free: (888) 7-SAELIG
Tel: (585) 385-1750
Posted September 23, 2016