BeRex Launches the Industry’s First Wideband Digital Variable Gain Amplifiers Needing Only a Single 3V Power
State-of-the-art Digital Variable Gain Amplifiers provide very low power consumption.
San Jose, CA, February 2, 2015. BeRex today announced the BVA303 and BVA305, 6-bit DVGA (Digital
Variable Gain Amplifiers) offering high linearity, low noise and require only a single 3V power supply, thereby
reducing the power consumption. Both DVGAs are capable of working at up to 4GHz without external matching components
and are provided in a space saving 4x4mm, 24- pin QFN package.
Designed primarily for 3G/4G wireless infrastructure equipment, satellite radio and other high end wireless
applications, the BVA303 and BVA305 provide outstanding RF characteristics and the flexibility of digital parallel
and serial programming of the gain control that provides very fast switching speeds.
- Power requirement: 3V @ 54 mA typical
- Frequency band
- BVA303 from 30MHz to 4000MHz
- BVA305 from 40MHz to 4000MHz
- Gain control
- BVA303 = -10.5 dB to +21 dB @ 1.9GHz (in 0.5 dB steps)
- BVA305 = -17.5 dB to +14 dB @ 1.9GHz (in 0.5 dB steps)
- High P1dB (Output power at 1dB compression) / OIP3 (Output third order intercept point)
- BVA303 = 16.0 dBm / 29.5 dBm @ 1.9GHz
- BVA305 = 14.8 dBm / 28 dBm @ 1.9GHz
- Gain accuracy
- ± (0.10 + 2% of gain setting) @ 1.0 GHz
- ± (0.15 + 2% of gain setting) @ 2.2 GHz
- ± (0.15 + 8% of gain setting) @ 4.0 GHz
- Programming modes
- Direct parallel
- Latched parallel
- Package size 4x4 mm, 24-pin QFN
Pricing and Availability
The BVA303 and BVA305 are currently in mass production are competitively priced and samples are available upon
request. Additional information about these and other BeRex products is available on the company website: www.berex.com.
BeRex, founded in 2004, is headquarter in Seoul Korea where it designs, manufactures, and sells a broad range
of RF and microwave GaAs and SiGe semiconductor devices worldwide. These parts are available in North America
through BeRex, Inc. in Santa Clara, CA, a wholly owned subsidiary.
David Snook, Marketing & Sales
3350 Scott Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Posted January 30, 2015