API Technologies Announces Radiation Tolerant Voltage Controlled SAW Oscillator
Released: January 23, 2014
The API725 Series is a high performance line of SAW oscillators providing superior
communication distances for frequencies of 350 MHz to 4,000 MHz and phase lock loop for heritage applications.
The radiation tolerant voltage controlled SAW oscillators (VCSO) are designed for space, satellite communications
and aerospace systems.
The VCSOs deliver low phase noise performance (-109 dBc/Hz at 1 kHz) and low
vibration sensitivity (2 x 10-9 per g). API's space-qualified VCSOs are standard products that can be modified
to customer requirements for output frequency, frequency range and control voltage sensitivity.
API's VCSOs meet exceptional radiation tolerance at testing levels with radiation exposure to 200 kRad total
dosage. The VCSOs are constructed in hermetically sealed Kovar packages using ruggedized hybrid construction to provide
high-reliability and outstanding performance over a wide temperature range (-55°C to +100°C). This series includes
models which have internal frequency multiplication of 2 or 4 to provide output frequencies in the 700 MHz to
4,000 MHz range.
Space-Qualified VCSO with Ruggedized Hybrid Construction
- Low Phase Noise: -109 dBc/Hz at 1 kHz
- Frequency Range: 350 MHz to 4,000 MHz
- Low Vibrations Sensitivity: 2 x 10-9 per g
- Operating Temperature: -55°C to +100°C
- Applications include: Phase Lock Loops, Local Oscillators, Low Noise Clocks, Clock Recovery For Space, Satellite,
API Technologies | Space-Qualified
- Radiation Tolerance – has been tested with radiation exposure up to 200 kRad
- API Technologies is the only manufacturer of radiation tolerant VCSOs utilizing MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and K
certified lines employing space-level quality conformance inspections.
- API provides dedicated program management
- API has a combined 60 years of space heritage
About API Technologies Corp.
API Technologies (NASDAQ: ATNY) is an innovative designer
and manufacturer of high performance systems, subsystems, modules, and components for technically demanding RF, microwave,
millimeter wave, electromagnetic, power, and security applications. A high-reliability technology pioneer with over
70 years of heritage, API Technologies products are used by global defense, industrial, and commercial customers in
the areas of commercial aerospace, wireless communications, medical, oil and gas, electronic warfare, unmanned systems,
C4ISR, missile defense, harsh environments, satellites, and space. Learn more about API Technologies and our products
Director, Marketing & Communications
API Technologies Corp.
908 546 3904
Posted January 24, 2014