Skyworks Ramps SkyOne™ with Leading Smartphone Manufacturers
-- Solutions Enabling Custom Platforms for Microwave Communications, Handheld Radios and Navigation Applications
WOBURN, Mass., Jan. 27, 2014 – Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: SWKS) an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors enabling a broad range of end markets, today announced that is has captured high-reliability (hi-rel) and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) sockets with several aerospace and defense suppliers such as Cobham, EADS, Herley and Teledyne. Skyworks’ solutions are being leveraged for microwave switching, attenuation, receiver protection and mixer and detector applications in commercial and military radios, avionics systems, software defined radios and navigation platforms that support major tier-one aerospace and defense companies such as Boeing, L-3 Communications, Northrup Grumman and Raytheon.
“Skyworks is gaining content across a number of hi-rel applications with our diverse product portfolio,” said David Stasey, vice president and general manager of analog solutions at Skyworks. “Our solutions are ideal for the rapidly growing aerospace and defense industry where customers are seeking effective, efficient and reliable military communication systems that deliver robust, wide-ranging and real-time data and services.”
According to a December Global Information report entitled “2013 Semiconductors in Military and Aerospace Electronics” the market will grow to over $3.0 billion worldwide in four years. In addition, the fastest adoption rate for solutions in the military/aerospace market will come from COTS platforms, which is forecast to grow at a compounded annual growth rate of 6 percent over the next five years. This long-term market trend is based on the industry’s greater focus on reliability, shorter business cycles and the ability to operate within budget constraints.
About Skyworks’ Analog Solutions
- GaAs digital attenuators, PIN diode voltage variable attenuators and silicon fixed attenuator pads for infrastructure, test and measurement and other high performance microwave applications up to 40 GHz leverage Skyworks’ extensive design knowledge, technical leadership, manufacturing expertise and superior quality.
- Low noise amplifiers meet the needs of cellular infrastructure, WLAN, WiMAX, ISM, and all applications requiring LNAs from DC to 6 GHz.
- Through Isolink, Skyworks manufactures high-performance miniature hybrids and hermetically sealed devices. Isolink pioneered the miniaturization of some of the most advanced optoelectronic components and this expertise in optoelectronic components enables the company to manufacture products of high quality, achieving high isolation voltages, high common mode rejection and radiation tolerance for high demand environments.
- Skyworks’ power management devices include highly complementary analog semiconductor products such as battery chargers, DC/DC converters, voltage regulators and LED drivers.
- Building on a proven legacy, Skyworks’ diode product offering includes PIN, Schottky, varactor and limiter diodes for a wide variety of microwave applications including WLAN, infrastructure, handset, SatCom (LNB/DBS-CATV), automotive, military, test and measurement, metering, medical and RFID.
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors. Leveraging core technologies, Skyworks supports automotive, broadband, cellular infrastructure, energy management, GPS, industrial, medical, military, wireless networking, smartphone and tablet applications. The Company’s portfolio includes amplifiers, attenuators, circulators, detectors, diodes, directional couplers, front-end modules, hybrids, infrastructure RF subsystems, isolators, lighting and display solutions, mixers/demodulators, optocouplers, optoisolators, phase shifters, PLLs/synthesizers/VCOs, power dividers/combiners, power management devices, receivers, switches and technical ceramics.
Headquartered in Woburn, Mass., Skyworks is worldwide with engineering, manufacturing, sales and service facilities throughout Asia, Europe and North America. For more information, please visit Skyworks’ Web site at: www.skyworksinc.com
Posted January 28, 2014