Redesigned Wavelength Electronics PLD12500
Has Smaller Package, Higher
July 20, 2012 Press Release
-- 12.5 A Laser Diode Driver with Improved Heat Dissipation
Wavelength Electronics has
redesigned the PLD10000 with a new compact heatsink and fan shroud, and improved internal heat dissipation
capability. This technology has also been leveraged into a high-current driver, the PLD12500, that can drive up to
12.5 amps. Both the PLD10000 and PLD12500 are mounted on printed circuit boards.
These high current PLD drivers couple the high-reliability architecture of Wavelength
Electronics’ lower-current PLD Series with a robust high-current output stage.
To speed product development, the PLD10EV Evaluation Board can be configured within minutes to take full advantage
of the versatility and functionality offered by the PLD10000 and PLD12500 drivers.
FEATURES FOR SAFETY AND VERSATILITY
The PLD10000 and PLD12500 can drive lasers with compliance voltage
as high as 27.5 V, and both include laser safety features designed to protect your laser investment and enhance
• Remote enable can be tied to a safety interlock and a temperature controller, such
as Wavelength’s PTC Series.
• Built-in constant current and constant power operating modes minimize your
• On-board controls mean quick and easy driver setup.
• Analog setpoint input gives you remote external control of the laser current and modulation.
• Latching current limit safely switches off output if current limit is reached.
• Slow start and current
ramp protect the laser during operation.
• Mechanical shorting relay protects the laser while the driver is
Tens of thousands of PLD drivers are deployed in laser systems around the world, proving
beyond doubt the reliability and stability of the design. PLD Series drivers are found in fiber laser pumping,
materials processing, pyrotechnic ignition, industrial welding and cutting applications, and laser diode LIV
Call or email Wavelength Electronics to find out how the PLD10000 or PLD12500 can enhance your
laser control system.
Wavelength Electronics Inc.
P O Box 865
Bozeman, MT 59771