February 8, 2012 Press Release
Sr. Manager, Communications
|February 8, 2012|
RFMD’s new RF3235 and RF3237, paired with one or more discrete 3G power amplifiers such as RF722x or RF724x, enable best-in-class performance at the lowest total solution cost for 3G entry platforms.
RF3235 and RF3237 are quad-band GSM/GPRS Class 12-compliant transmit modules. They include four (RF3237) to six (RF3235) UMTS transmit/receive ports that also serve as GSM Rx ports and are pin-to-pin compatible. Both build on RFMD's PowerStar® integrated power control technology, SOI (silicon-on-insulator) switch technology, and integrated transmit filtering. These devices are designed for use as the final portion of the transmitter section in a GSM850/EGSM900/DCS1800/PCS1900/UMTS handset and eliminates the need for a PA-to-antenna switch module-matching network. 50Ω matched input and output ports require no external matching components.
- High Efficiency at Rated POUT
- VBATT = 3.5V
- GSM850/EGSM900 = 43%
- DCS1800/PCS1900 = 36%
- No External DC Blocking Needed on TRx Ports
- 0.6db LB, 0.8dB HB TRx Insertion Loss for 3G Efficiency and Improved Rx Sensitivity
- Four (RF3237) to Six (RF3235) High Linearity TRx Ports
- >35dB Isolation for Most Port Combinations
These products are currently available in production quantities.
- Single through Quad-Band UMTS Handsets and Connected Devices Including TDSCDMA and CDMA
- GSM850/EGSM900/DCS1800/PCS1900 Products
- 3V Multimode Mobile Applications
- GPRS Class 12 Compliant
Pricing for RF3235 begins at $2.70 each for 100 pieces. For more information on RF3235, visit
Pricing for RF3237 begins at $2.47 each for 100 pieces. For more information on RF3237, visit
This message was distributed by