Richardson RFPD Introduces Xinger®-III 3 dB Hybrid
and Directional Couplers from Anaren
January 6, 2012 Press Release
- 3rd Generation of Subminiature Components Dramatically Smaller; Offer Same Superior Power Handling,
January 6, 2012 – LaFox, Illinois: Richardson RFPD, Inc. today announces immediate availability and full design
support capabilities for the
Xinger®-III line of components
from Anaren. The
Xinger®-III line of 3 dB hybrid
and directional couplers are the latest additions to Anaren's popular Xinger-brand of subminiature components for
wireless infrastructure applications.
When compared to equivalently-sized parts from the previous
generation, the new
Xinger®-III hybrid couplers offer
52-66% lower insertion loss (down to 0.12 dB), 5 times the power handling, 25-28% higher isolation, 63-71% better
amplitude balance, and equal phase balance.
The Xinger-III directional couplers are one-fourth the size of
the Xinger-II line and offer 37-64% lower insertion loss (down to 0.05 dB), 50% higher power handling, and equal
The Xinger-III parts are available as an option to customers who want the smaller footprint
and performance gains to keep pace with next generation base station equipment designs; previous generations of
Xinger models are still in production and available.
components available now include:
The new Xinger-III components feature patent-pending design and materials advances. Their small footprint and
robust power-handling capability make them viable alternatives to ceramic equivalents, thereby avoiding the risk
of cracked solder joints that ceramics can create when their thermal expansion characteristics do not match the
PCB on which they are mounted. The Xinger-III components are softboard, so the co-efficient of thermal expansion
(CTE) disparity is not an issue, liberating designers to specify ordinary PCBs without concern about CTE mismatch.
- X3C307P1-03 Hybrid Coupler: 0.6-0.9 GHz Frequency Range, 130 W Power Handling
- X3C09P1-03 Hybrid Coupler: 0.8-1.0 GHz Frequency Range, 110 W Power Handling
- X3C09P2-03 Hybrid Coupler: 0.8-1.0 GHz Frequency Range, 187 W Power Handling
- X3C19P1-03 Hybrid Coupler: 1.4-2.0 GHz Frequency Range, 100 W Power Handling
- X3C19P2-03 Hybrid Coupler: 1.7-2.0 GHz Frequency Range, 176 W Power Handling
- X3C21P1-03 Hybrid Coupler: 2.0-2.4 GHz Frequency Range, 110 W Power Handling
- X3C19P1-05 Directional Coupler: 1.7-2.0 GHz Frequency Range, 5 dB Coupling Value
- X3C21P1-05 Directional Coupler: 2.0-2.3 GHz Frequency Range, 5 dB Coupling Value
- X3C25P1-05 Directional Coupler: 2.3-2.7 GHz Frequency Range, 5 dB Coupling Value
- X3C09E2-20 Directional Coupler: 0.7-0.96 GHz Frequency Range, 20 dB Coupling Value
- X3C19E2-20 Directional Coupler: 1.4-2.7 GHz Frequency Range, 20 dB Coupling Value
- X3C09P2-30 Directional Coupler: 0.7-0.96 GHz Frequency Range, 30 dB Coupling Value
- X3C19P2-30 Directional Coupler: 1.4-2.7 GHz Frequency Range, 30 dB Coupling Value
- X3C26P1-30 Directional Coupler: 2.3-2.9 GHz Frequency Range, 30 dB Coupling Value
The 0.25 x 0.2 and 0.56 x 0.2 footprints of the Xinger-III components are standardized from previous Xinger
generations, facilitating cost control measures for the standardized equipment increasingly required for OEMs in
wireless infrastructure markets.
Common configurations are in stock and available for immediate delivery.
To find more information, or to purchase these products today on the Richardson RFPD website, please visit the Xinger-III webpage at
http://rellapps.rell.com/RELLMktg/Anaren-Xinger.html. The Xinger-III line is also available by calling
1-800-737-6937 (within North America); or please find your local sales engineer (worldwide) at
Local Sales Support.
To learn more about additional products from Anaren, please visit the
Anaren storefront webpage.
About Richardson RFPD, Inc.:
Richardson RFPD, Inc., an Arrow Electronics company, is a global leader in the RF and wireless communications,
power conversion and renewable energy markets. Relationships with the industry’s top component suppliers enable
Richardson RFPD to meet the total engineering needs of each customer. Whether it’s designing components or
engineering complete solutions, Richardson RFPD’s worldwide design centers and technical sales team provide
support for all aspects of customers’ go-to-market strategy, from prototype to production. More information is
available online at
For details, contact:
Richardson RFPD, Inc.
40W267 Keslinger Road
P.O. Box 307
LaFox, Illinois 60147-0307
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas
and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer.
The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available
in the form of WYSIWYG
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text
used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website: AirplanesAndRockets.com