RFMD Intros WiFi Front End Modules
December 4, 2012
Sr. Manager, Communications
RFMD’s new RFFM8xxx series provide complete integrated solutions in single front end modules (FEMs) for WiFi systems. The ultra-small form factor and integrated matching minimizes the layout area in the customer's application and greatly reduces the number of external components. This simplifies the total front end solution by reducing the bill of materials, system footprint, and manufacturability cost. Each device is provided in a 2.5mm x 2.5mm x 0.45mm, 16-pin QFN package.
- RFFM8202 and RFFM8204: 2.4GHz to 2.5GHz
- RFFM8502: 4.9GHz to 5.85GHz
- RFFM8202: PA, LNA with bypass mode, power detector, SP3T, and filtering
- RFFM8204: PA, SP3T, power detector and filtering
- RFFM8502: 5GHz PA, SP2T, switch, LNA, and power detector
- RFFM8202 and RFFM8204: 19dBm 11g OFDM 2.5% EVM, 21dBm meeting 11b spec mask
- RFFM8502: 17.5dBm, 11a, OFDM at 2.5% EVM
- High Performance FEM
- Excellent Linearity
- Input and Output Matched to 50Ω; High Level of Integration
- Supports Wide Voltage Supply Range
- Able to Meet Demands of Evolving WiFi Market
- Low Height Package, Suited for SiP and CoB Designs
These products are currently available in production quantities.
- Cellular Handsets
- Mobile Devices
- Consumer Electronics
- Smart Energy
For more information on RFFM8202, visit
For more information on RFFM8204, visit
For more information on RFFM8502, visit
RF Micro Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq GS: RFMD) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance radio frequency components and compound semiconductor technologies. RFMD’s products enable worldwide mobility, provide enhanced connectivity and support advanced functionality in the cellular handset, wireless infrastructure, wireless local area network (WLAN), CATV/broadband and aerospace and defense markets. RFMD is recognized for its diverse portfolio of semiconductor technologies and RF systems expertise and is a preferred supplier to the world's leading mobile device, customer premises and communications equipment providers.
Headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., RFMD is an ISO 9001- and ISO 14001-certified manufacturer with worldwide engineering, design, sales and service facilities. RFMD is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol RFMD. For more information, please visit RFMD's web site at www.rfmd.com.
RF MICRO DEVICES®, RFMD® and PowerSmart® are trademarks of RFMD, LLC. All other trade names, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
VP, Investor Relations
This message was distributed by