RFMD Intros High-Power GaN HEMT Power Amplifiers
November 12, 2012
Sr. Manager, Communications
RFMD’s new RFHA104x series of high-power GaN broadband power transistors (BPTs) are optimized for military communications, commercial wireless infrastructure, and general purpose applications. Using an advanced 65 V high power density GaN semiconductor process optimized for high peak-to-average ratio applications, these high-performance amplifiers achieve high power with high efficiency and flat gain over a broad frequency range in a single amplifier design. Each is an input-matched GaN transistor packaged in an air cavity ceramic package providing excellent thermal stability. Ease of integration is accomplished through the incorporation of simple, optimized, matching networks external to the package that provide wideband gain and high efficiency, all in a single amplifier ideal for linear correction circuits.
For more information on RFHA1042, visit
- Peak power: 125W (RFHA1042), 150W (RFHA1043)
- Single circuit for frequency: 225MHz to 450MHz (RFHA1042), 1.2GHz to 1.85GHz (RFHA1043)
- 48V modulated performance:
- POUT: 45.2dBm
- Gain: 18.5dB (RFHA1042), 15.5dB (RFHA1043)
- Drain Efficiency: 42% (RFHA1042), 30% (RFHA1043)
- ACP: -26dBc (RFHA1042), -30dBc (RFHA1043)
- 48V CW broadband performance
- POUT: 51.4dBm (RFHA1042), 52dBm (RFHA1043)
- Gain: 16dB (RFHA1042), 13.5dB (RFHA1043)
- Drain Efficiency: 60% (RFHA1042), 51% (RFHA1043)
- Optimized for video bandwidth and minimized memory effects
- Large signal models available
- These products are currently available in production quantities.
For more information on RFHA1043, visit
RF Micro Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq GS: RFMD) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance radio frequency components and compound semiconductor technologies. RFMD’s products enable worldwide mobility, provide enhanced connectivity and support advanced functionality in the cellular handset, wireless infrastructure, wireless local area network (WLAN), CATV/broadband and aerospace and defense markets. RFMD is recognized for its diverse portfolio of semiconductor technologies and RF systems expertise and is a preferred supplier to the world's leading mobile device, customer premises and communications equipment providers.
Headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., RFMD is an ISO 9001- and ISO 14001-certified manufacturer with worldwide engineering, design, sales and service facilities. RFMD is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol RFMD. For more information, please visit RFMD's web site at www.rfmd.com.
RF MICRO DEVICES®, RFMD® and PowerSmart® are trademarks of RFMD, LLC. All other trade names, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
VP, Investor Relations
This message was distributed by