RFMD® Intros 3V to 5V 802.11n/ac High Linearity WiFi Front End Modules
October 9, 2012
Sr. Manager, Communications
RFMD’s new high linearity WiFi front end modules provide complete integrated solution in a single front end module (FEM) for WiFi systems. The ultra-small form factor and integrated matching minimizes layout area in the application and greatly reduces the number of external components. This simplifies the total front end solution by reducing the bill of materials, system footprint, and manufacturability costs. Each of these devices integrates a power amplifier, switch, LNA with bypass, and a power detector coupler for improved accuracy and are provided in a 3mm x 3mm x 1.0mm, 16-pin laminate package.
Optimized Dynamic EVM Design
- 100% RF Production Tested
- Integrated Amplifier (RFFM4203: 2.4GHz to 2.5GHz, RFFM4501: 4.9GHz to 5.85GHz), Tx/Rx Switch (RFFM4203: SP3T, RFFM4501: SPDT), LNA with Bypass, and Power Detector Coupler
- POUT (RFFM4203)
- 20.5dBm, 11g/n, 5V <3% Dynamic EVM
- 19dBm, 11n, 3.3V 2.5% Dynamic EVM
- 17dBm, 11ac, 3.3V 1.8% Dynamic EVM
- POUT (RFFM4501)
- 20dBm, 11a/n, 5V <3% Dynamic EVM
- 17dBm, 11n, 3.3V <3% Dynamic EVM
- 14dBm, 11ac, 3.3V <1.8% Dynamic EVM
These products are currently available in production quantities. RFFM4203 pricing begins at $1.73 each for 100 pieces. RFFM4501 pricing begins at $2.27 each for 100 pieces.
- WiFi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac (RFFM4203), IEEE 802.11a/n/ac (RFFM4501)
- ISM Band Solutions: 2.4GHz to 2.5GHz (RFFM4203), 4.9GHz to 5.85GHz (RFFM4501)
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
- Laptops, WiFi Access Points, Gateways, and Set Top Boxes
For more information on RFFM4203, visit
For more information on RFFM4501, visit
RF Micro Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq GS: RFMD) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance radio frequency components and compound semiconductor technologies. RFMD’s products enable worldwide mobility, provide enhanced connectivity and support advanced functionality in the cellular handset, wireless infrastructure, wireless local area network (WLAN), CATV/broadband and aerospace and defense markets. RFMD is recognized for its diverse portfolio of semiconductor technologies and RF systems expertise and is a preferred supplier to the world's leading mobile device, customer premises and communications equipment providers.
Headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., RFMD is an ISO 9001- and ISO 14001-certified manufacturer with worldwide engineering, design, sales and service facilities. RFMD is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol RFMD. For more information, please visit RFMD's web site at www.rfmd.com.
RF MICRO DEVICES®, RFMD® and PowerSmart® are trademarks of RFMD, LLC. All other trade names, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
VP, Investor Relations
This message was distributed by