FREE ADIsimSRD™ Design Studio Simplifies Design
of Short-Range Wireless Devices
Downloadable RF design tool enables rapid prototyping to improve time-to-market.
March 25, 2009 -- NORWOOD, Mass.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)-- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) announced today the availability of its latest version of its free, downloadable ADIsimSRD™ Design Studio for the development of short-range wireless devices. ADIsimSRD Design Studio Version 1.1 conducts real-time simulations, tests configurations and troubleshoots potential problems in short-range radio communications systems using ADI’s ADF70xx family of short-range transmitters and transceivers. The latest version adds support for ADI’s newest transceivers and transmitters, including the ADF7021-N, and for the new ARIB T96 Japanese band (950 to 956 MHz). It also features a new power consumption model to calculate battery life and improve the energy efficiency of a design. ADIsimSRD Design Studio enables rapid prototype development and design optimization, eliminating the use of many spreadsheets and iterative design work, which helps designers get their short-range systems to market faster.
To download the ADIsimSRD Design Studio, please visit: www.analog.com/adisimsrd.
- Free downloadable application
- View multiple parameters simultaneously in both time and frequency domains
- View FCC, ETSI, ARIB-compliant design templates for easy-to-use evaluation, customization and simulation
- Create wireless links through various simulations: frequency domain, transient analysis and spectrum analyzer
- Obtain a real-time representation of the SRD frequency, sync detection, power consumption and radio link analysis
- Troubleshoot all key factors that are significant in affecting short range radio link performance
- Customize transceivers and transmitters by selecting them from a built-in parts database
- Calculate battery life with new power consumption model
Find out more about ADIsimSRD Design Studio and RF transceivers and transmitters by visiting the links below:
ADIsimSRD Design Studio home page: www.analog.com/adisimsrd
ADI’s short-range transceivers and transmitters: www.analog.com/srd
ADI’s RF design tools: www.analog.com/rftools
About Analog Devices, Inc.
Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged throughout the industry as the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000 customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Celebrating over 40 years as a leading global manufacturer of high-performance integrated circuits used in analog and digital signal processing applications, Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. Analog Devices' common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “ADI” and is included in the S&P 500 Index.
For more information on ADI's most recent product releases, visit our Press Release home page.
Analog Devices, Inc.