of Short-Range Wireless Devices
Downloadable RF design tool enables rapid prototyping to improve time-to-market.
25, 2009 -- NORWOOD, Mass.--(EON: Enhanced Online
News)-- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) announced today the
availability of its latest version of its free, downloadable ADIsimSRD™ Design Studio for the development of
short-range wireless devices.
ADIsimSRD Design Studio Version 1.1 conducts real-time simulations, tests configurations and troubleshoots
potential problems in short-range radio communications systems using ADI’s ADF70xx family of short-range
transmitters and transceivers. The latest version adds support for ADI’s newest transceivers and transmitters,
including the ADF7021-N, and for the new ARIB T96 Japanese band (950 to 956 MHz). It also features a new power
consumption model to calculate battery life and improve the energy efficiency of a design. ADIsimSRD Design
Studio enables rapid prototype development and design optimization, eliminating the use of many spreadsheets and
iterative design work, which helps designers get their short-range systems to market faster.
To download the
ADIsimSRD Design Studio, please visit:
- Free downloadable application
- View multiple parameters simultaneously in both time and frequency domains
- View FCC, ETSI, ARIB-compliant design templates for easy-to-use evaluation, customization and simulation
- Create wireless links through various simulations: frequency domain, transient analysis and spectrum
- Obtain a real-time representation of the SRD frequency, sync detection, power consumption and radio link
- Troubleshoot all key factors that are significant in affecting short range radio link performance
- Customize transceivers and transmitters by selecting them from a built-in parts database
- Calculate battery life with new power consumption model
Find out more about ADIsimSRD Design Studio and RF transceivers and transmitters by visiting the links
ADIsimSRD Design Studio home page:
ADI’s short-range transceivers and transmitters:
ADI’s RF design tools:
About Analog Devices, Inc.
Innovation, performance, and excellence are the cultural pillars on which Analog Devices has built one of the
longest standing, highest growth companies within the technology sector. Acknowledged throughout the industry as
the world leader in data conversion and signal conditioning technology, Analog Devices serves over 60,000
customers, representing virtually all types of electronic equipment. Celebrating over 40 years as a leading global
manufacturer of high-performance integrated circuits used in analog and digital signal processing applications,
Analog Devices is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, with design and manufacturing facilities throughout the
world. Analog Devices' common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “ADI” and is
included in the S&P 500 Index.
For more information on ADI's most recent product releases, visit our
Press Release home page.
Analog Devices, Inc.