AWR Press Release - December 14, 2009
AWR Analog Office® Version 2009 Delivers New Enhancements for High-Frequency IC DesignEl SEGUNDO, CA — Dec. 14, 2009 — AWR, the innovation leader in high-frequency electronic design automation (EDA), today announced Version 2009 of its Analog Office high-frequency analog and RFIC design software. This latest release includes AWR’s patent-pending multi-rate harmonic balance (MRHB™) technology, which dramatically increases the speed and reduces the computer memory required to perform steady-state analysis of complex multi-tone designs such as those found in receivers and transmitters with multiple stages of upconversion and downconversion.
Analog Office Version 2009 also offers AWR’s AXIEM™ 3D planar EM technology, which now supports 64-bit operating systems, multi-core PCs and shape pre-processing algorithms that decrease solution time for complex geometries.
Additional features in Analog Office Version 2009 include:
• Automated Circuit Extraction (ACE): Improved extraction flow using frequency-domain interconnect
modeling technology along with more traditional RLCK extraction.
• Extract Flow with AXIEM: For very-high-frequency designs, the same layout can be effortlessly
extracted to AXIEM software for full-wave 3D planar electromagnetic characterization.
• DRC/LVS: PowerDRC/LVS technology provides fast, accurate, affordable physical verification
solutions for analog and mixed signal design and is now integrated into Analog Office software as
an add-on module.
• OpenAccess: As a founding member of the Interoperable PDK Library (IPL) alliance, AWR supports
open access (OA) process design kits (PDKs) and layout views that enable an interoperable design
flow among EDA vendors.
• Sapphicon PDKs: Comprehensive PDKs are now available for Sapphicon Semiconductor’s advanced
0.25-µm RF complementary metal oxide semiconductor (RF CMOS) silicon-on-sapphire processes.
Version 2009 of Analog Office software is part of the AWR Design Environment (AWRDE™), which is now shipping to supported customers. For more information about Analog Office software, please visit www.awrcorp.com.
Vice President of Marketing