Tips for Vermont Computer Users
If you have Vermont students that just don't seem to get it, the following "Terminology for Vermont
Computers" may be the problem:
...from the University of Wyoming website
BTW: I graduated with a BSEE from the University of Vermont, and I don't remember
- Log On: Makin' the wood stove hotter
- Log Off: Don't add wood
- Monitor: Keep an eye on the wood stove
- Download: Gettin' the firewood off the pickup
- Mega Hertz: When yor not careful downloadin' (watch th' toes!)
- Floppy Disk: Whacha get from pilin' too much firewood
- RAM: The hydraulic thingy that makes the woodsplitter work.
- Hard Drive: Gettin' home in mud season
- Prompt: What you wish the mail was in mud season
Windows: What to shut when it's 30 below
- Screen: What you need for black fly season
- Byte: What black flies do
- Chip: What to munch on
- Micro Chip: What's left in the bag when the chips are gone
- Infrared: Where the left-overs go when Fred's around
- Modem: What you did to the hay fields
- Dot Matrix: Farmer Matrix's wife
- Lap Top: Where little kids feel comfy
- Keyboard: Where you hang your keys
- Software: Them plastic eatin' utensils
- Mouse: What eats the horses' grain in the barn
- Main Frame: The part of the barn that holds the roof up
- Port: Fancy wine
- Enter: C'mon in!
- Random Access Memory: You can't remember how much that new rifle cost when your wife asks
this being a problem. I therefore suspect it might not be true! Oh, and Vermonters
refer to the rest of y'all as "Flatlanders," because they think they've got big hills --
obviously never been to the Rocky Mountains.
More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
Progenitor & Webmaster
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop