Does Your GPA Need a Boost? Try the "Universal Grade Change Form"
This form is posted on many college websites (and students' websites),
and therefore must be universally valid. It's in the Internet, so it
must be true. Try submitting this to your professor the next time the
need arises, and let me know how it goes.
I think my grade
in your course,_________________, should be changed from ___ to ___
for the following reasons:
- ____ The persons who copied my paper made a higher grade
than I did.
- ____The person whose paper I copied made a higher grade than
- ____This course will lower my GPA and I won't get into:
__Mickey Mouse Club
- ____ I have to get an A in this course to balance the F in ___________.
- ____ I'll lose my scholarship.
- ____ I'm on a varsity sports team and my coach couldn't find
a copy of your exam.
- ____ I didn't come to class and the person whose notes I used
did not cover the material asked for on the exam.
- ____ I studied the basic principles but the exam wanted every
- ____ I studied the facts and definitions but the exam asked
about general principles.
- ____ I understood the material; I just couldn't do the problems.
- ____ I can work the problems, but your exam expected understanding.
- ____ You are prejudiced against:
__ Males __ Females
__ Protestants __ Chicanos
__ Jews __ Catholics
__ Muslims __ People
__ Blacks __ Whites
__ Minorities __ Jocks
__ Students __ Young people
__ Old people
- ____ If I flunk out of school my father will disinherit me or
at least cut my allowance.
- ____ I was unable to do well in this course because of the following:
__ mono __ acute alcoholism
__ drug addiction
__ VD __ broken finger
__pregnancy __ fatherhood
__ I have allergic reaction to brain work
__ I am intellectually challenged.
- ____ You told us to be creative but you didn't tell us exactly
how you wanted that done.
- ____ I was creative and you said I was just shooting the bull.
- ____ The lectures were:
__ too detailed to pick out important points
__ not explained in sufficient detail
__ all jokes and no material
__ too boring __ too serious--not
enough entertainment to keep me awake.
- ____ All my other profs have agreed to raise my grades.
- ____ I don't have a reason; I just want a higher grade.
- ____ This course was:
__ too early, I was not awake __ too
late, I was tired
__ at lunchtime, I was hungry
__ My (dog, cat, gerbil) (ate, wet on,
threw up on) my (book, notes, term paper)
for this course.