Take a break from the drudgery with some of these jokes, song parodies, anecdotes and assorted humor
that has been collected from friends & from websites across the Internet. This humor is light-hearted
and sometimes slightly offensive to the easily-offended, so you are forewarned. I have taken care
to censor "humor" with overt sexual overtones (or undertones), degrading political taunts, and hateful
tirades, so it is all workplace-safe. I have also tried to warn of any links that will result in audio
clips so you can take appropriate precautions. Please send any potential candidates for this humor
page to the e-mail link above.
| Humor #2 | Humor #3
10) e is less challenging to spell than pi.
9) e ~=2.718281828459045, which can be easily
memorized to its billionth place, whereas
pi needs "skills" to be memorized.
8) The character for "e" is so cheap that it can be
found on a keyboard, but pi is
special (it's under "special symbols" in word
7) Pi is the bigger piece of pie.
6) e has an easy limit definition and infinite series;
the limit definition of pi and the infinite
series are much harder.
5) With e you understand what it is even though
you start learning it late when you are in
pre-calculus, but pi, even after five or six years
it's still hard to know what it really is.
4) People mistakenly confuse Euler's Number (e)
with Euler's Constant (gamma). There is no
confusion with the one and only pi.
3) e is named after a person, but pi stands for itself.
2) Pi is much shorter and easier to say than "Euler's Number."
And the number one reason why e is inferior to pi is...
1) To read pi, you don't have to know that Euler's name is really pronounced Oiler.
...credited to feldco#NoSpam.aol.com, whoever that may be