If Scientists Wrote Nursery Rhymes
These tech-centric jokes,
song parodies, anecdotes and assorted humor have been collected from friends and
websites across the Internet. This humor is light-hearted and sometimes slightly
offensive to the easily-offended, so you are forewarned. It is all workplace-safe.
See if you can figure out which nursery rhyme each of these scientific renditions
- A research team proceeded toward the apex of a natural geologic protuberance, the purpose of their
expedition being the procurement of a sample of fluid hydride of oxygen in a large vessel, the exact size of
which was unspecified. One member of the team precipitantly descended, sustaining severe fractural damage to the
upper cranial portion of his anatomical structure. Subsequently, the second member of the team performed a
self-rotational translation oriented in the direction taken by the first member.
- Complications arose during an investigation of dietary influence: one researcher was unable to assimilate
adipose tissue and another was unable to consume tissue consisting chiefly of muscle fiber. By reciprocal
arrangement between the two researchers, total consumption of the viands under consideration was achieved, this
leaving the original container of the viands devoid of contents.
- A young male human was situated near the intersection of two supporting structural elements at right angles
to each other: said subject was involved in ingesting a saccharine composition prepared in conjunction with the
ritual observance of an annual fixed-day religious festival. Insertion into the saccharine composition of the
opposable digit of his forelimb was followed by removal of a drupe of genus prune. Subsequently the subject made
a declarative statement regarding the high quality of his character as a young male human.
A triumvirate of marine rodents totally devoid of ophthalmic acuity were observed in a state of rapid locomotion
in pursuit of an agriculturalist's marital adjunct. Said adjunct then performed triple caudectomy utilizing an
acutely honed bladed instrument generally used for the subdivision of edible tissue.
- A female of the species homo sapiens was the possessor of a small immature ruminant of the genus ovis, the
outer most covering of which reflected all wavelengths of visible light with a luminosity equal to that mass of
naturally occurring microscopically crystalline water. Regardless of the translational pathway chosen by the
Homo Sapien, the probability was 1 that the aforementioned ruminant would select the same pathway.
- A human female, extremely captious and given to opposed behavior, was questioned as to the dynamic state of
her cultivated tract of land used for production of various types of flora. The tract components were enumerated
as argentous tone-producing agents, a rare species of oceanic growth and pulchritudinous young females situated
in a linear orientation.
- Jack and Jill went up the hill To fetch a pail of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown, And Jill came
- Jack Sprat could eat no fat. His wife could eat no lean. And so between the two of them, They ate the
- Little Jack Horner Sat in the corner Eating his Christmas pie He stuck in his thumb And pulled out a plum
And said "What a good boy am I!"
- Three blind mice, three blind mice See how they run, see how they run. They all ran after the farmer's wife
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife Did you ever see such a sight in your life As three blind mice.
- Mary had a Little Lamb Whose fleece was white as snow. And everywhere that Mary went, The lamb was sure to
- Mary, Mary, quite contrary, How does your garden grow. With silver bells, and cockle shells And pretty
maidens, all in a row.
...from the Lori's Mishmash Humor Page