Take a break from the drudgery with some of these jokes, song parodies, anecdotes and assorted humor that has been
collected from friends & from websites across the Internet. This humor is light-hearted and sometimes slightly
offensive to the easily-offended, so you are forewarned. I have taken care to censor "humor" with overt sexual
overtones (or undertones) and hateful
tirades, so it is all workplace-safe. I have also tried to warn of any links that will result in audio
clips so you can take appropriate precautions. Please send any potential candidates for this humor
page to the e-mail link above.
| Humor #2 | Humor #3
- Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that
will support a 10 Lb. possum.
- Which of the following cars will rust out the quickest when
placed on blocks in your front yard? A) 66 Ford Fairlane B) 69 Chevrolet
Chevelle C) 64 Pontiac GTO
- If your uncle builds a still that operates at a capacity of
20 gallons of shine per hour, how many car radiators are necessary
to condense the product?
- A pulpwood cutter has a chain saw that operates at 2700 rpm.
The density of the pine trees in a plot to be harvested is 470 per
acre. The plot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is
14 inches. How many Pabst Blue Ribbons will be consumed in cutting
- If every old refrigerator in the state vented its charge of
R-12 simultaneously, what would be the decrease in the ozone layer?
- A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers
with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length
is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1 inch rough sawn pine. When the
porch collapses, how many hound dogs will be killed?
- A man owns a house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an
average slope of 15%. The man has 5 children. Can each of the children
place a mobile home on the man's land?
- A 2-ton pulpwood truck is overloaded and proceeding down a steep
grade on a secondary road at 45 mph. The brakes fail. Given the
average traffic loading of secondary roads, how many people will
swerve to avoid the truck before it crashes at the bottom of the
mountain? For extra credit, how many of the vehicles that swerved
will have mufflers and uncracked windshields?
- A Coal Mine operates a NFPA Class 1, Division 2 Hazardous Area.
The mine employs 120 miners per shift. A gas warning is issued at
the beginning of 3rd shift. How many cartons of unfiltered Camels
will be smoked during the shift?
- How many generations will it take before cattle develop two
legs shorter than the others because of grazing along a mountainside?
...from the Inflection Point web site