These tech-centric jokes,
song parodies, anecdotes and assorted humor have been collected from friends and
websites across the Internet. This humor is light-hearted and sometimes slightly
offensive to the easily-offended, so you are forewarned. It is all workplace-safe.
Caveat - these "facts" came from the
Internet, so don't use them on a college exam without verification. I did check on a few in the original list I
received, and some were wrong, so they were deleted.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
- An adult dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite .
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- "Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.
- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
- The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his
- The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
- The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
- The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous,
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and
- There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.
...thanks to Steve for this one