Take a break from the drudgery with some of these jokes, song parodies, anecdotes and assorted humor
that has been collected from friends & from websites across the Internet. This humor is light-hearted
and sometimes slightly offensive to the easily-offended, so you are forewarned. I have taken care
to censor "humor" with overt sexual overtones (or undertones), degrading political taunts, and hateful
tirades, so it is all workplace-safe. I have also tried to warn of any links that will result in audio
clips so you can take appropriate precautions. Please send any potential candidates for this humor
page to the e-mail link above.
| Humor #2 | Humor #3
- Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United States!
- Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a novel, “Gadsby”,
which contains over 50,000 words — none of them with the letter E!
- The shortest complete sentence in the English language is “I am.”
- The most used letter in the English alphabet is ‘E’, and ‘Q’ is the least used!
Floccinaucinihilipilification, the declaration of an item being useless, is the longest non-medical term in
the English language.
- Goddessship is the only word in the English language with a triple letter.
- The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet!
- The sentence “Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs” uses every letter of the alphabet and uses the least
letters to do so!
The world’s longest-named lake has 45 letters (Lake
In the U.S. there are 18 doctors called Dr. Doctor, and one called Dr. Surgeon. There is also a dermatologist
named Dr. Rash, a psychiatrist called Dr. Couch and an anesthesiologist named Dr. Gass.
- “Rhythm” is the longest English word without a vowel.
- The longest word in the English language is ‘pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis’
which describes a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of volcanic matter or a similar fine dust.
- “Jack” is the most common name in nursery rhymes.
- In the English language there are only three words that have a letter that repeats six times. Degenerescence
(six e’s), Indivisibility (six i’s), and nonannouncement (six n’s).
- The only three words in the English language to have 2 consecutive u’s is vacuum, residuum, and continuum.
- The very first dictionary “The American” took Noah Webster 20 years to put together.
- The word “alphabet” is derived from the first two letters in the Greek alphabet: “alpha” and “beta”.
- The only word in the English language that has 4 sets of double letters in a row is balloonneer.
- A moment is defined as zero seconds long.
- The only words with all the vowels listed in order are facetiously and abstemiously.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is “uncopyrightable”.
- The only word with all the vowels in reverse order is subcontinental.
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and month!
- Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the most definitions.