RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2016
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
For the sake of avid cruciverbalists amongst us, each week I create a new crossword puzzle that has a theme related to engineering, mathematics, chemistry, physics, and other technical words. This one has extra words pertaining to radar and radio. You will never be asked the name of a movie star unless he/she was involved in a technical endeavor (e.g., Hedy Lamarr). Enjoy!
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
acr. = acronym, abbr. = abbreviation, pl. = plural, wds. = words
1. Part of this puzzle's theme
5. Web's most popular radio frequency engineering site (2 ltrs. + 1 wd.)
10. Shape of most radar and other high gain antennas
16. Encased in a protective covering
17. 300 MHz to 3 GHz
18. European equivalent to the U.L.
20. Used logic gates
21. Test equipment (abbr.)
23. Multifunctional silicon devices (abbr.)
25. Display type
26. Unit of inductance (abbr.)
28. Miniature threaded RF connector
29. Unit of inductance (abbr.)
30. Part of this puzzle's theme
33. Stock symbol for Raytheon
34. Constellation : The lion
36. Term for asymmetry of a statistical distribution
38. Ham's code for "Take over as net control station."
39. Part of PCB
41. Computer "brain" (abbr.)
43. Electronics Industry Association (abbr.)
44. Greek letter used for frequency
45. PCB metal area where component leads attach (pl.)
47. s11, s22, s33, etc. (2 wds.)
50. Type of current flow (abbr.)
53. PC follower
54. Vacuum tube type for a high power, high frequency radar transmitter (pl.)
59. Nickname for a company or person that manufactures its own products
62. Opposite of I.D.
64. Type of data storage IC
65. Peak Inverse Voltage
66. Hub of the solar system
67. The "N" in AWGN
70. Official Space Shuttle designation (abbr.)
71. Coefficient of temperature (abbr.)
73. Gasoline, diesel, etc.
75. Scheme used in radar to cancel out stationary targets like ground clutter (abbr.)
76. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
77. O-scope time base action
78. A common battery cell size
79. Type of logic gate (pl.)
81. Chemical symbol for europium
83. Digital storage oscilloscope (abbr.)
84. Chemical symbol for erbium
85. 1E6 nanoseconds
88. Plural of locus
90. Filter type that blocks frequencies in a specified band (abbr.)
91. Short for potentiometer
93. RF computer network
95. A number series that has each number equal to the sum of the two previous numbers
96. It connects the software to the hardware
97. An amplifier port
1. Readability, Signal, and Tone (QoS report type)
2. Type of current
3. Consequence of under sampling
4. Radio Amateurs of Canada (abbr.)
6. Upper frequency (abbr.)
7. International phonetic alphabet letter "C"
8. Sound frequency in the human hearing range (abbr.)
9. Occlusion of one heavenly body by another
11. Unit of electromagnetic radiation
12. Chemical symbol for argon
13. 10 decibels
14. Opposite of I.D.
15. Chemical symbol for selenium
19. Engineering Change Order (abbr.)
22. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
24. Code for a type of electrical wire insulation (abbr.)
26. Finite Element Analysis (abbr.)
27. 29 Down + ____, used to interface transmission line to an antenna
29. ___ + 27 Down, used to interface transmission line to an antenna
31. A common battery cell size
32. Decimeter (abbr.)
33. Chemical symbol for radon
34. Local Oscillator (abbr.)
35. Plane geometric figure having eight straight sides
38. Ham's code for "The net has traffic for you. Stand by."
39. Group of data to be saved
40. When the upper atmosphere acts like a waveguide
42. Electrical safety organization (abbr.)
46. Negatively doped silicon
48. Semiconductor and calculator company (abbr.)
49. Chemical symbol for radium
51. A "0" or a "1," for instance
52. Read-only (abbr.)
55. The "As" in GaAs
56. Common average used for sinewaves (abbr.)
57. Collection of access points
58. Analog multimeter company
60. Prefix meaning "water"
61. Type of flip-flop
63. Weatherproof cover for a radar antenna
68. International Telecommunications Union
69. Chemical symbol for silicon
72. European equivalent to the U.L.
74. Long Range Aid to Navigation
77. Half of DSB
80. Type of component package (abbr.)
82. Charged particle
84. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
86. Adjust a pot
87. Unit of capacitance (abbr.)
88. Local Oscillator (abbr.)
89. Chemical symbol for calcium
91. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
92. Test equipment (abbr.)
94. Chemical symbol for neptunium
|2016 Crosswords Archive|