RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2016
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
For the sake of avid cruciverbalists amongst us, each week I create a new crossword puzzle that has a theme related to engineering, mathematics, chemistry, physics, and other technical words. You will never be asked the name of a movie star unless he/she was involved in a technical endeavor (e.g., Hedy Lamar). Enjoy!
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
acr. = acronym, abbr. = abbreviation, pl. = plural, wds. = words
1. Signal path with very low or 0 ohms of impedance (2 wds.)
8. General Mobile Radio Service (abbr.)
9. Band between RF and BB
11. Effective frontal area presented to a microwave interrogation system (abbr.)
12. Semiconductor On Insulator (abbr.)
14. Asynchronous Communication Interface Adapter (abbr.)
17. Unit of length (abbr.)
19. Network department (abbr.)
20. Open a fuse
22. Type of high frequency circuit substrate (abbr.)
24. 1e-6 mA
26. Network configuration type
28. Satellite milieu
29. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
31. Length times width
33. __ + 23 Down, the world's greatest engineering website
34. Antenna type derived from simple weighted wires dropped from Zeppelin airships
36. Plug-in for computer bus
38. Max or min voltage of a waveform (abbr.)
39. International phonetic alphabet letter "X"
41. Differential Phase Shift Keying
43. Local Oscillator (abbr.)
45. Junk e-mail
47. Application Specific Integrated Circuit (abbr.)
49. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
51. Branch of the armed forces
53. Network device that takes commands from another similar device
54. Min______ and Max_____, in a Karnaugh map
56. Digital intelligence
58. Opposite of I.D.
59. Type of microwave frequency source using element #39 as the core (abbr., pl.)
61. Lacing ____, for bundling cables
63. Morse Code for "from"
64. Chemical symbol for rhodium
66. Type of programmable device (abbr.)
67. Miniature RF connector
68. Precision approach radar (abbr.)
69. Electromagnetic (abbr.)
72. Total Access Communication System (abbr.)
73. Unit of wire size (2 wds., pl.)
1. Miniature RF connector (pl.)
2. Stock symbol for Harris Communications
3. Unix, Linux or Windows (abbr.)
4. Device to assist in the performance of a chore (pl.)
5. Galilean moon
6. Volts, meters, pints, pounds, eg.
7. Semiconductor and calculator company (abbr.)
8. Test equipment that causes a meter decrease (null) when near resonant circuits (3 wds.)
10. Small unit of capacitance (abbr.)
12. Chemical symbol for antimony
13. Islands On The Air (Ham term)
15. Chemical symbol for chlorine
16. Adjacent Channel Power Ratio (abbr.)
18. Instrument designed to measure temperature (pl.)
21. World Amateur Radio Conference
23. 33 Across + ____, the world's best engineering website
24. Non-return to zero (abbr.)
25. Highest point
27. A disk operation
30. Automatic Packet Position Reporting System (abbr.)
32. Advanced Research Projects Agency (abbr.)
35. International phonetic alphabet letter "P"
37. Type of spread spectrum that does not use frequency hopping (abbr.)
40. 36 inches
42. International phonetic alphabet letter "K"
44. The "V" in VLF
46. Million multiply accumulate operations (abbr.)
48. Software drafting tool (abbr.)
50. Internet mail protocol (abbr.)
52. Microwave frequency source using element #39 as the stabilizing component (abbr., pl.)
55. Relating to the sun
57. Strong cable covering
60. Chemical symbol for scandium
62. Logarithmic ratio (abbr.)
63. Type of data conversion device (abbr., pl.)
65. Chemical symbol for helium
68. Programmable logic device (abbr.)
70. Unit of frequency (archaic, abbr.)
71. Electrical safety organization (abbr.)
72. Semiconductor and calculator company (abbr.)
|2016 Crosswords Archive|