RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2016
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
News services have been busy lately reporting on the most recent feat of America's national space agency's resounding success with its interplanetary space probe's closest encounter with our solar system's most remote [minor] planet. Prior to the flyby, even the most powerful Earth- and space-based telescopes could never resolve more than a few lightly contrasted splotches on the celestial orb's surface, and its largest moon was a few pixels worth of indeterminate light. All that changed on July 14, 2015. We now have, for the first time ever, high resolution images of the surface, and are in the process of collection terabits worth of additional physical data from onboard instruments. No doubt many Ph.D.'s will be earned through assimilation and study of this information.
I will be glad to create a special edition crossword for your newspaper, newsletter, etc.
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
acr. = acronym, abbr. = abbreviation, pl. = plural, wds. = words
|1. Name of interplanetary space probe that just flew past 13 Down (2 wds.)
9. Type of logic gate (pl.)
10. Opposite of O.D.
11. 1e-6 mA
12. Communication between stations by reflecting the radio waves off of the ionosphere
14. Chemical symbol for selenium
15. Mass unit (abbr.)
17. Chemical symbol for lead
18. Chemical symbol for chlorine
20. Part of a screw that engages the driver (pl.)
24. Its chemical symbol is Fe
27. A keyboard key
28. He, along with Mr. Savart, developed a law that describes a magnetic field generated by an electric current
30. A concern of Boolean equations
32. Constellation : The dragon
33. With 39 Down, this website's title
34. Opposite of a LO
35. Association of North American Radio Clubs
40. Planet from which 1 Across was launched
44. Considered the 4th dimension
45. The UK's largest defense electronics contractor (abbr.)
47. Forerunner to NASA
48. A processed or unprocessed semiconductor substrate
50. Type of logic gate
52. Chemical symbol for bismuth
53. "Calling any amateur radio station"
54. Chemical symbol for polonium
55. Nordic Mobile Telephone
57. Small unit of capacitance (abbr.)
59. 1e3 uV
60. Cooling device
61. Constellation : The archer
|1. The design component of total product cost (abbr.)
2. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
3. The "H" in UHF
4. Opposite of I.D.
5. One port of an amplifier
6. Hits a component with an electrostatic discharge
7. Unit of inductance (abbr.)
8. System On Chip
9. The process by which a body moves back and forth through a central neutral position
13. The planet and its largest moon that 1 Across just flew past (2 wds.)
16. American space agency that launched 1 Across (abbr.)
19. Numerical basis for decibels (abbr.)
21. BS__ - the degree held by many RF Cafe visitors
22. Type of current
23. Circuit element connecting PCB layers
25. Read-only (abbr.)
26. Chemical symbol for nickel
28. Chemical symbol for bromine
29. Amateur radio abbreviation for the Oceania region (abbr.)
31. Error checking scheme (abbr.)
32. Singulated piece of IC wafer
36. Chemical symbol for nickel
37. Stock symbol for Advanced Micro Devices
38. One component of a complex number (abbr.)
39. With 33 Across, this website's title
41. Army-Navy specification prefix
42. Radio Amateurs of Canada (abbr.)
43. Coefficient of temperature (abbr.)
45. Stock symbol for Boeing
46. BS__ - the degree held by many RF Cafe visitors
48. Refers to the IEEE802.11 networks (abbr.)
49. An abbreviation for "receiver"
51. Common average used for sinewaves (abbr.)
54. Last stage in transmitter (abbr., pl.)
56. Chemical symbol for tantalum
58. Unit of length (abbr.)
59. 1/000 of an amp (abbr.)
60. Upper frequency (abbr.)
|2015 Crosswords Archive|