RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2016
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
For the sake of avid cruciverbalists amongst us, each week I create a new crossword puzzle that has a theme related to engineering, mathematics, chemistry, physics, and other technical words. You will never be asked the name of a movie star unless he/she was involved in a technical endeavor (e.g., Hedy Lamar). Enjoy!
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
acr. = acronym, abbr. = abbreviation, pl. = plural, wds. = words
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
1. Symbols and lines used to construct a representative drawing of a system at a high level (2 wds., pl.)
7. Chemical symbol for zinc
9. Shorthand for oxygen
10. Type of component package (abbr.)
11. Stock symbol for Boeing
13. Total radiated power (abbr.)
15. CDMA Development Group (abbr.)
17. Abbreviation for acknowledge (also a common word used by Bill the Cat)
19. Device under test (abbr.)
20. A disk operation
21. Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss
22. This calculus operation yields voltage across a capacitor
23. Parts per million (abbr.)
24. Scheme to maintain proper frequency (acr.)
26. Basic element
28. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
30. Ham radio organization (abbr.)
32. No insulation
33. Signal-to-noise ratio (abbr.)
34. 31 Down + ____, this website's title
35. Logic family (abbr.)
36. Unit of atmospheric pressure (abbr.)
37. Applies a lubricant
39. 24 hours
40. Digital Enhanced Cordless Telephone
42. Government program to bring electricity to farms (abbr.)
43. International Reply Coupon (abbr.)
44. Type of logic gate (pl.)
46. Greek letter
47. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
48. 3 MHz to 30 MHz
49. Unit of frequency (archaic, abbr.)
51. Infrared (abbr.)
52. FM signal extraction device
2. Local Oscillator (abbr.)
3. Optical cross-connect (abbr.)
4. Unintentional amplitude variation on an FM signal (1 wd. + abbr.)
5. A type of digital modulation (acr.)
6. Unit of length (abbr.)
7. Discrete time equivalent of the continuous time Laplace transform (1 ltr. + 1 wd., hyph.)
8. The design component of total product cost (abbr.)
11. Manufacturer of project boxes
12. "Pi" pad, "T" pad, etc.
14. Plane curve traced out by a point which moves so that its distance from a fixed line is equal to its distance from a fixed point
16. Test equipment that causes a meter decrease (dip) when near resonant circuits (2 wds.)
18. Quantity obtained when a row and column containing a specified element is removed from a square matrix
19. Filter with more than one frequency band going from separate ports to a common port
23. It is the "P" in S2P
25. Study for a test just before taking it
27. Chemical symbol for tantalum
28. 1E6 nanoseconds
29. Chemical symbol for strontium
31. __ + 34 Across, this website's title
38. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
41. Type of distribution, squared
43. Bands between RF and baseband
45. Surface Mount Technology
48. Opposite of a LO
50. Chemical symbol for cobalt
|2015 Crosswords Archive|