RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2022
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
This week's Amateur Radio crossword puzzle contains the usual collection of science, math, and engineering terms, and also includes special words related to Amateur Radio (clues labeled with asterisk *). Enjoy.
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
acr. = acronym, abbr. = abbreviation, pl. = plural, wds. = words
|1. * Next level of Amateur Radio license after Technician
5. * The 'A' in ARRL
9. Circular mounting hardware (pl.)
11. Unit for 1,000,000 watt-seconds (abbr.)
12. Measure of source / load mismatch (abbr.)
14. * Mechanical device for sending Morse Code
17. 1E6 nanoseconds
18. Electromagnetic interference (abbr.)
19. Heat-resistant glass type
20. A common RS-232 serial bus command (abbr.)
22. Web's most popular radio frequency engineering site (2 ltrs. + 1 wd.)
25. Quantum of vibrational energy
27. Local Oscillator (abbr.)
28. One port of an amplifier
29. Science of assuring operation amid dense EM background noise (abbr.)
30. Chemical symbol for holmium
31. Type of flip-flop
32. Chemical symbol for gallium
34. Logarithmic ratio (abbr.)
36. Opposite of O.D.
38. Centimeter (abbr.)
40. PC follower
41. One port of an amplifier
42. Coder/decoder (abbr.)
43. * Ham's code for "Is my transmission being interfered with?"
44. International phonetic alphabet letter "H"
45. Intel x86 command for " jump if above"
48. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
50. Chemical symbol for antimony
51. Sound frequency in the human hearing range (abbr.)
52. "Calling any amateur radio station"
54. Modulation type (abbr.)
55. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
57. Unit of liquid measure (abbr.)
58. Electronic component package type (abbr.)
59. Unit of time (abbr.)
61. PC follower
62. * The 'L' in ARRL
64. Configured a switch to break electrical contact
67. A common battery cell size
68. * Hiram Percy _____, founder of the ARRL
69. Logic family
70. Boob tube (abbr.)
71. Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
73. * Ham's code for "Are you busy?"
74. 1/000 of an amp (abbr.)
76. Aircraft bulkhead (pl.)
80. * Type of Morse Code key (pl.)
81. Akin to dynamics, with no movement
|1. Software role playing type
2. Chemical symbol for neon
3. The Microwave Office software company (abbr.)
4. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
5. Chemical symbol for argon
6. Minimal Shift Keying (abbr.)
7. Chemical symbol for europium
8. The stuff in the solder core
10. * Founder of the ARRL (3 wds.)
12. Miniature threaded RF connector
13. Refers to the IEEE802.11 networks (abbr.)
15. Name for a reflected radar signal
16. Elemental compound used for microwave frequency reference oscillators (abbr.)
18. Engineering Change Order (abbr.)
21. Signal-to-noise ratio (abbr.)
23. Conductor type for parallel buse interconnections (2 wds.)
24. Last statement in a BASIC program
25. It can follow an MS
26. Generate a periodic signal
32. Chemical symbol for gallium
33. * The "R" in ARRL
35. Chemical symbol for bromine
36. Band between RF and BB
37. * Next level of Amateur Radio license after General
39. Chemical symbol for manganese
46. 300 kHz to 3 MHz
47. A BPF specification (abbr.)
49. Type of modulation (abbr.)
51. Automated Test Equipment (abbr.)
53. * Ham's code for "Station is leaving the net."
56. A common battery cell size
57. Type of antenna with four-sided loops
60. Longitudinal shape-forming structural element
61. Antenna (abbr.)
62. Period of reduced production
63. One state of matter
65. High-speed logic family
66. Trigger diode that conducts current only after its breakdown voltage has been exceeded momentarily (pl.)
72. RF & microwaves magazine founded by Gary Breed, now Summit Technical Media (abbr.)
73. * ARRL's magazine
75. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
77. Unix, Linux or Windows (abbr.)
78. Type of flip-flop
79. Opposite of a LO
|2015 Crosswords Archive|