RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2022
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2010 Engineering & Science Crossword PuzzlesDec 19, Dec 12, Dec 5
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Soaks up RF energy
|1. _______ Computational Sciences, makers of the Linc2 RF simulation software
2. Chemical symbol for scandium
3. Output intercept point (abbr.)
4. A common RS-232 serial bus command (abbr.)
5. Next to
6. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
8. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
9. Mr. Piper's famous yellow airplane
10. Electromagnetic compatibility (abbr.)
11. Network department (abbr.)
12. _______ + RF Systems, RF amplifier maker in Inglewood, CA
14. Family of ICs with a certain component density level (abbr.)
18. A common battery cell size
21. Filter type that blocks frequencies in a specified band (abbr.)
23. Chemical symbol for neon
24. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
26. RF / microwave filter manufacturer located in Poway, CA
27. Modulation type (abbr.)
28. Unit of liquid measure (abbr.)
30. Collection of electronic records (abbr.)
31. RF connector & cable manufacturer located in Suwon, Korea (and an RF Cafe advertiser)
32. Radio signal that is reflected back to earth from one of the layers of the ionosphere (2 wds., pl.)
33. Horizontal Cartesian coordinate
34. ________ Microwave, RF components & systems manufacturer w/HQ in Fairview, PA
35. PC follower
37. Aircraft tracking system (pl.)
40. RF & DC power supply manufacturer located in Gloucester, MA
44. Greek letter used for frequency
46. Shorthand for oxygen
49. _______ Factor, antenna manufacturer in Merlin, OR; also, an EM radiating structure
52. In the middle
54. Chemical symbol for selenium
56. Chemical symbol for polonium
58. Weight (abbr.)
59. Unit for 1,000 watt-seconds (abbr.)
61. Chemical symbol for radium
62. Chemical symbol for rubidium
64. Opposite of I.D.
65. Modulation technique (ABBR.)
66. FCC Part 15 rules apply in this band (abbr.)
68. Type of flip flop
70. 3 kHz to 30 kHz
71. Programmable logic device (abbr.)
72. High Data Rate
73. Engineering Change Order (abbr.)
75. Chemical symbol for francium
76. Part of a FOR loop
78. "Calling any amateur radio station"
79. Astronomical Unit (93E6 miles)
80. Chemical symbol for strontium