RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2016
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2010 Engineering & Science Crossword PuzzlesDec 19, Dec 12, Dec 5
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
2. Translated higher frequencies to lower frequencies
|1. Image storage format
2. Type of data conversion device (abbr., pl.)
3. Amateur radio abbreviation for the Oceania region (abbr.)
4. A measure of receiver quality (abbr.)
5. Chemical symbol for cesium
6. Unit of time (abbr.)
7. Abbreviation for minimum voltage
8. Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier (abbr.)
9. Chemical symbol for thulium
10. Enhanced Graphics Adapter
15. Antenna structure that connects directly to the feed line
17. 3G_____worx, PCB shield manufacturer in Ontario, Canada
18. Ham's code for "Unable to copy you."
20. Chemical symbol for tin
22. Band between RF and BB
23. ____ Meet, a Ham's flea market
25. Cross __, RF connector company located in Wilmington, CA (2 ltr.)
26. Mr. Piper's famous yellow airplane
30. Chemical symbol for molybdenum
33. American Microwave Corporation (abbr.)
34. Chemical symbol for lithium
36. One component of volume
37. Chemical symbol for chromium
39. Family of ICs with a certain component density level (abbr.)
41. Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss (abbr.)
43. Current loss in a capacitor
45. Power amplifier & antenna company in Ronkonkoma, NY (3-letter abbr.)
47. One bit of a real number
49. Electronic component for passing certain frequencies and blocking others (pl.)
51. Formerly HP Test & Measurement
52. Amplifier Solutions Corporation, located in Colmar, PA (abbr.)
56. Region of the ionosphere approximately 90 to 400 miles above Earth - responsible for most long distance propagation below 30 MHz (hyph.)
57. Base 16 number system (abbr.)
58. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
61. Archaic term for an outdoor antenna
64. Chemical symbol for antimony
66. One type of electron spin
68. Boob tube (abbr.)
69. Unix, Linux or Windows (abbr.)
71. Analog-to-Digital (abbr.)
73. Negation prefix
76. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
78. Permeability-tuned oscillator (abbr.)
80. Type of flip-flop