1996 - 2016
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2010 Engineering & Science Crossword PuzzlesDec 19, Dec 12, Dec 5
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Semiconductor company based in Norwood, MA (2wd.)
10. Chemical symbol for cadmium
12. Cooling device
13. Multifunctional silicon devices (abbr.)
15. Ham's code for "Shall I increase power?"
16. Related to FM by a differential
18. Workplace safety group (abbr.)
20. Type of data conversion device (abbr.)
22. Pure carrier (abbr.)
23. Government program to bring electricity to farms (abbr.)
24. Mr. Tesla's first name
26. Radio Direction Finding (abbr.)
27. Unix, Linux or Windows (abbr.)
28. Programmable logic device (abbr.)
29. Unit for 1,000,000 watt-seconds (abbr.)
30. Type of current
31. Ham's code for "What is the correct time?"
32. Opposite of O.D.
34. Voltage-controlled oscillator (abbr.)
35. Infrared (abbr.)
37. Opposite of I.D.
38. Unit of length (abbr.)
39. One component of a complex number (abbr.)
41. Chemical symbol for tin
42. Minutes of Use (abbr.)
43. Chemical symbol for californium
44. Beat frequency oscillator (abbr.)
45. Analog-to-Digital (abbr.)
47. Unit of liquid measure (abbr.)
48. Semiconductor lamp
49. Chemical symbol for selenium
50. Printer resolution measure (abbr.)
52. Mr. Morse's first name
56. Type of digital filter (abbr.)
57. Network department (abbr.)
59. Half of DSB
61. Electronic assembly transport container
63. Chemical symbol for platinum
64. One port of an amplifier
65. 2 x SSB
67. Method of connecting redundant power supplies
68. ___ Industries, RF switch & attenuator manufacturer located in Indianapolis, IN
70. Home state of Los Alamos lab (abbr.)
71. Antenna manufacturer in Merlin, OR (2 wds.)
1. Mathematical model for an inexact representation of a function
2. Range of tones detectible by the human ear (abbr.)
3. Be behind in phase
4. Switch position
5. Plane circular area
6. Reflected radar or sonar signal
7. Band between RF and BB
8. Software drafting tool (abbr.)
9. Fremont, CA based company that designs, develops and markets high-performance, analog and mixed-signal silicon solutions for the worldwide communications infrastructure.
10. Error checking scheme (abbr.)
11. Device for translating higher frequencies to lower frequencies (2 wds.)
17. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
19. Chemical symbol for aluminum
21. CDMA Development Group (abbr.)
24. _____ Microwave East (part of L3-Com), RF component manufacturer located in Hauppauge, NY
25. Stock symbol for Advanced Micro Devices
28. Permeability-tuned oscillator (abbr.)
30. Digital Communication System (abbr.)
32. Network department (abbr.)
33. RF shielding manufacturer headquartered in Easton, PA
36. Unit of length equal to 5.5 yards
38. Small unit of capacitance (abbr.)
40. Effective filing date (legal abbr.)
43. A common RS-232 serial bus command (abbr.)
48. Mr. de Forest's first name
49. Half of a DIP
51. Integrated Services Digital Network (abbr.)
53. PC follower
54. Earth's natural satellite
55. UMTS terrestrial radio access (abbr.)
58. Add two or more inputs
60. Base Station Transceivers (abbr.)
62. Scheme to maintain proper frequency (abbr.)
66. Chemical symbol for beryllium
68. Intel x86 command for " jump if above"
69. Weight (abbr.)