Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
August 9, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Describes a line that is at right angles to
9. Colorado Springs military school, abbr.
10. Automatic network analyzer, abbr.
Chemical symbol for lawrencium
14. Chemical symbol for neodymium
15. Cobham + _______ + 58A
20. Opposite of a LO
21. Automatic Frequency Control
23. Automated Test Equipment
Official Space Shuttle designation, abbr.
26. Sample group
27. Its chemical symbol is Tl
29. Original Equipment Manufacturer
32. Bluetooth networks
34. Type of chart
38. Type of current flow
39. A disk operation
40. Common mode ripple rejection, abbr.
41. Chemical symbol for lithium
42. International Telecommunications Union
43. U.K. equivalent of the
45. Common shortcut reference for a capacitor
47. Surface Mount Technology
49. Time Division
50. Unit of heat
51. Boob tube, abbr.
52. Modern battlefield technique, abbr.
54. Local Oscillator
55. Army-Navy specification, abbr.
57. Tweak a filter for the correct response
58. Cobham + 15A + _______
59. Form of radiation first observed by the German physicist Roentgen
60. Chemical symbol for chromium
61. Test equipment, abbr.
62. Part of a FOR loop
63. Chemical symbol for selenium
65. Common average
used for sinewaves, abbr.
66. Peripheral Component Interface
68. Type of logic gate
70. Special diode that can be switched, abbr.
71. Permeability-Tuned Oscillator
72. Electronic warfare
73. Millihenry, abbr.
75. Last keyword in a BASIC subroutine, pl.
78. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
79. Online service
81. Divides the signal into pieces
84. Printer resoultion measure (abbr.)
chemical symbol is W
89. Last statement in a BASIC program
90. Device for converting electrical signals
into sound, pl.
93. World's only remaining superpower, abbr.
94. Ham's code for "Does my frequency vary?"
96. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
97. Short for potentiometer
98. One component of a complex number, abbr.
99. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
101. Formerly HP Test & Measurement
103. Chemical symbol for nobelium
Chemical symbol for molybdenum
105. Charged particle
107. Filter type
108. Antenna structure that
connects directly to the feed line
1. Control and monitoring board
2. Solder paste vendor in Lincoln, RI
3. Chemical symbol for radium
Singulated piece of IC wafer
5. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
6. Antenna, abbr.
7. The "R" in ARINC
8. IC package style
11. Use multiple processors to create an
effectively larger bit-width processor (2 wds.)
13. RF IC manufacturer headquartered in South Korea, abbr.
15. Atmospheres, abbr.
16. Chemical symbol for neon
17. Unit of time, abbr.
18. Test document for
verifying proper function, abbr.
20. International phonetic alphabet letter "H"
22. Software engineering
23. Astronomical Unit (93E6 miles)
25. Chemical symbol for silicon
26. Semiconductor lamp
28. An electrical specification for a motor when it is first started
29. Opposite of I.D.
method, 2 wds.
31. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
33. It equal 2 * pi * diameter
36. Type of current
42. Changes from a "1" to a "0"
43. Network department, abbr.
44. 1/6 inch
printer's measure; Electromagnetic
46. Stands for "Practical Systems Engineering," a TE company in Fisher,
48. Determines proper functionality
50. An elementary particle
51. RF connector type
53. 3-phase transformer configuration
54. Stock symbol for Lockheed Martin
The design component of total product cost, abbr.
64. The rotating part of a motor
66. Min-to-max voltage
of a waveform
67. Galilean moon
69. Fundamental electrical component w/units of ohms
74. Artech _____, technical book publisher
Chemical symbol for scandium
77. Unit of time, abbr.
78. Type of reconfigurable memory, abbr.
82. Chemical symbol for helium
83. Chemical symbol for palladium
84. Peak Envelope Power
86. One state of matter
88. Gun safety and education organization, abbr.
90. Adjust a pot
91. Unit of time, abbr.
92. Up in the air
95. Chemical symbol for mercury
96. Chemical symbol for
100. BASIC looping keyword
102. Mr. de Forest's first name
103. Silicon transistor type
106. Chemical symbol for nickel
107. Front edge of a wing, abbr.
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe