Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
August 9, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Describes a line that is at right angles to another line
9. Colorado Springs military school, abbr.
10. Automatic network analyzer, abbr.
12. Chemical symbol for lawrencium
14. Chemical symbol for neodymium
15. Cobham + _______ + 58A
19. Time delay, abbr.
20. Opposite of a LO
21. Automatic Frequency Control
23. Automated Test Equipment
24. Official Space Shuttle designation, abbr.
26. Sample group
27. Its chemical symbol is Tl
29. Original Equipment Manufacturer
32. Bluetooth networks
34. Type of chart
37. Keyboard key
38. Type of current flow
39. A disk operation
40. Common mode ripple rejection, abbr.
41. Chemical symbol for lithium
42. International Telecommunications Union
43. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
45. Common shortcut reference for a capacitor
47. Surface Mount Technology
49. Time Division Multiplexing
50. Unit of heat
51. Boob tube, abbr.
52. Modern battlefield technique, abbr.
54. Local Oscillator
55. Army-Navy specification, abbr.
57. Tweak a filter for the correct response
58. Cobham + 15A + _______
59. Form of radiation first observed by the German physicist Roentgen
60. Chemical symbol for chromium
61. Test equipment, abbr.
62. Part of a FOR loop
63. Chemical symbol for selenium
65. Common average used for sinewaves, abbr.
66. Peripheral Component Interface
68. Type of logic gate
70. Special diode that can be switched, abbr.
71. Permeability-Tuned Oscillator
72. Electronic warfare defense, abbr.
73. Millihenry, abbr.
75. Last keyword in a BASIC subroutine, pl.
78. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
79. Online service
81. Divides the signal into pieces
84. Printer resoultion measure (abbr.)
85. Its chemical symbol is W
89. Last statement in a BASIC program
90. Device for converting electrical signals into sound, pl.
93. World's only remaining superpower, abbr.
94. Ham's code for "Does my frequency vary?"
96. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
97. Short for potentiometer
98. One component of a complex number, abbr.
99. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
101. Formerly HP Test & Measurement
103. Chemical symbol for nobelium
104. Chemical symbol for molybdenum
105. Charged particle
107. Filter type
108. Antenna structure that connects directly to the feed line
1. Control and monitoring board
2. Solder paste vendor in Lincoln, RI
3. Chemical symbol for radium
4. Singulated piece of IC wafer
5. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
6. Antenna, abbr.
7. The "R" in ARINC
8. IC package style
11. Use multiple processors to create an effectively larger bit-width processor (2 wds.)
13. RF IC manufacturer headquartered in South Korea, abbr.
15. Atmospheres, abbr.
16. Chemical symbol for neon
17. Unit of time, abbr.
18. Test document for verifying proper function, abbr.
20. International phonetic alphabet letter "H"
22. Software engineering tool, abbr.
23. Astronomical Unit (93E6 miles)
25. Chemical symbol for silicon
26. Semiconductor lamp
28. An electrical specification for a motor when it is first started
29. Opposite of I.D.
30. Triggering method, 2 wds.
31. Akin to an EE, CE, AE, etc.
33. It equal 2 * pi * diameter
36. Type of current
42. Changes from a "1" to a "0"
43. Network department, abbr.
44. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
46. Stands for "Practical Systems Engineering," a TE company in Fisher, IL
48. Determines proper functionality
50. An elementary particle
51. RF connector type
53. 3-phase transformer configuration
54. Stock symbol for Lockheed Martin
56. The design component of total product cost, abbr.
64. The rotating part of a motor
66. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform
67. Galilean moon
69. Fundamental electrical component w/units of ohms
74. Artech _____, technical book publisher
76. Chemical symbol for scandium
77. Unit of time, abbr.
78. Type of reconfigurable memory, abbr.
80. Low Noise Amplifier
82. Chemical symbol for helium
83. Chemical symbol for palladium
84. Peak Envelope Power
86. One state of matter
88. Gun safety and education organization, abbr.
90. Adjust a pot
91. Unit of time, abbr.
92. Up in the air
95. Chemical symbol for mercury
96. Chemical symbol for manganese
100. BASIC looping keyword
102. Mr. DeForest's first name
103. Silicon transistor type
106. Chemical symbol for nickel
107. Front edge of a wing, abbr.