Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
August 30, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
2. _______ + 25D, RF filter & components
manufacturer in Garfield, NJ
7. Form of digital encoding
13. Set of poles
14. ____ Technologies, RF
module maker in Merlin, OR
15. Filter type, abbr.
17. Type of current flow
18. Chemical symbol for terbium
20. Uppermost surface
Unit of current
30. Resistor vendor in Berne, IN
31. Lowest value in a list
32. Type of data
conversion device, abbr.
33. Test equipment manufacturer, now Agilent
35. Digital encoding of the
transmission mode in the vertical sync portion of an SSTV image, abbr.
37. Feedback system used to maintain
constant level, abbr.
38. PC follower
39. Abbreviation for 26A
41. Type of logic gate
43. Ham abbreviation for transceiver
44. Automated Test Equipment, abbr.
45. Arithmetic Logic Unit, abbr.
46. Search ______; e.g., Google,
48. The company, now owned by Lockheed Martin, that managed the Intelsat system, located in
50. Chemical symbol for polonium
51. Test point, abbr.
53. Kilovolts, abbr.
a chemically induced effect
56. Surface mount, abbr.
58. Positively charged ions
61. Instrument for
64. Dilbert's female co-worker
66. Computer monitor cable type
68. Chemical symbol for thulium
71. Chemical symbol for chlorine
Semiconductor device type, abbr.
73. Circular mounting hardware
74. _______ Microwave, SSPA manufacturer in Trenton, NJ
1. _________ + 25D, I/Q & SSB mixer products vendor in Bloomington, IN
3. Chemical symbol for neptunium
4. A common battery cell size
5. Adds solder to the tip of a soldering iron
6. Chemical symbol for erbium
8. Chemical symbol for thallium
9. Antenna radiated power measurement, abbr.
10. Chemical symbol for
11. Armored cable type
12. The "A" in AM
16. U.S. Spectrum allocation agency
Specific Integrated Circuit, abbr.
19. Bit rate unit
20. Test Equipment Connection, in Lake Mary, FL,
22. Amateur Television, abbr.
23. C# statement that ensures Dispose is called even if an exception
24. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
25. 2nd part of 1D, 2A, and 74A
28. Quickly changing portions of waveforms
29. Radio Amateurs of Canada, abbr.
Related to FM by a differential
36. Semiconductor On Insulator, abbr.
37. Atmospheres, abbr.
Chemical symbol for aluminum
40. Peak Envelope Power, abbr.
42. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
45. Test document for verifying proper function, abbr.
47. Cell phone manufacturer
ASICs vendor in San Jose, CA
52. Last stage in a transmitter, abbr.
54. Electrical unit of potential
56. The "S" in SOIC
57. Morse Code for "from"
58. Mr. Gauss' first name
cell chemistry type, abbr.
60. Chemical symbol for scandium
61. Analog-to-Digital, abbr.
62. ____ Electronics - RF/microwave components manufacturer in Denville, NJ
63. The "R" in BER
69. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
70. Start frequency, abbr.
72. Femtohenry, abbr.
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe