Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
August 2, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Semiconductor company based in Norwood, MA
7. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
9. Bands between RF and baseband
11. Characters Per Inch
12. Switch position
13. Counter ElectroMotive Force
15. Chemical symbol for aluminum
shape-forming structural element
20. Opposite of O.D.
21. Adjust a pot
23. Chemical symbol for
24. Data transmission pathway
26. Ratio of output to input power, voltage, current, light, etc.
of electrical wire insulation
30. Electical-to-mechanical energy converters
32. Oscillator crystal
34. Radio Frequency Interference, abbr.
35. Spurious RF products created by metal joints, abbr.
37. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
38. What is a line on a map which joins points of equal pressure
42. Chemical symbol for beryllium
Unintentionally changes the oscillator frequency
48. Basic element
51. Color quality
52. Basis for decibels, abbr.
54. 12 inches, pl.
55. Lunar 'seas'
symbol for tantalum
58. A flip-flop input
60. Japanese semiconductor & equipment manufacturer
64. Charged particle
66. EM simulation & EDA software company, based in Fremont, CA
69. Electromagnetics software vendor
Type of data storage IC
74. Started as HPIB
76. Be behind in phase
77. Integrated circuit, abbr.
79. Unit of weight
80. Chemical symbol for bismuth
81. Low- to mid- frequency connectors
symbol for cesium
84. RF integrated circuit
87. Part of this website's title
88. Direct Memory Access
90. Greek letter
91. Chemical symbol for francium
92. Ionized trails of meteors used as a reflecting
media, 2 wds.
1. Provider of services for telecommunications systems in Switzerland
2. Amateur radio abbreviation for the
3. Global Positioning System
4. SIPS x 2
5. Aircraft navigation system
6. One port
of an amplifier
7. Electronics manufacturer with "meatball" logo
8. Decimeter, abbr.
three-terminal power semiconductor device noted for high efficiency and fast switching (abbr.)
phone & wireless RF device manufacturer in Woburn, MA
13. CDMA Development Group, abbr.
14. A final
15. Multivibrator type
16. Constellation : The lion
18. Automatic repeat request used
19. First man to orbit the earth - ... Gagarin
22. Total radiated power, abbr.
symbol for Boeing
25. Produced when water boils?
27. Chemical symbol for argon
28. Instruments for Industry, Ronkonkoma, NY, abbr.
31. Half of a DIP
33. Greek letter
36. Maximum Usable Frequency
39. One port of an amplifier
40. Radio navigation
reference signal, pl.
41. Type of power (I x E)
43. Electrical overstress, abbr.
45. Front edge of a
46. Physicist after whom a law describing the direction of EMF and current resulting from
induction is named
47. A strong metal alloy
49. Type of logic gate
50. 1/000 of an inch
developed a "counter" for measuring radiation levels
56. Automatic network analyzer, abbr.
61. Encased in a protective covering
63. Antenna, abbr.
65. Chemical symbol for nickel
Chemical symbol for silver
68. Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss
70. System On Chip
device for tracking elapsed time
73. Software function selection mechanism
75. British Broadcasting Corporation
78. Imaging device, abbr.,
81. Beat Frequency Oscillator
82. Miniature RF connector
85. Femtofarad, abbr.
86. Infrared, abbr.
87. One component of a complex number, abbr.
89. A common
battery cell size
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe