Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
August 16, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. RF connector & cable manufacturer located in
Suwon, Korea (and an RF Cafe advertiser)
4. The software "layer" in a computer / machine interface
Chemical symbol for arsenic
11. Feature in some of waveguides used to increase operational bandwidth
Used to remove oxidation during soldering
15. Pertaining to the moon
18. Logarithmic units of power
19. Form/fit/function replacement
20. Readability, Signal, and Tone (QoS report type)
23. Chemical symbol for iron
25. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
27. Logic gate
28. PCB materials
31. Straight line emanating from a point source, pl.
34. Greek letter (micro)
Computer communication scheme
38. Diode used as a voltage regulator, pl.
41. Capacitor manufacturer in
Huntington Station, NY
43. Type of current flow
44. Its chemical symbol is U
45. The constellation in
which Canopus is located
46. The "E" in TEM
47. Chemical symbol for thallium
48. ___-AZIMUTH telescope
49. Sets the flip-flop output to "0"
50. Software drafting tool, abbr.
51. Astronomical Unit
56. Attenuator topology
58. Filter & coupling matrix synthesis software company in Denmark, 3 wds., 2D + 71D + 58A
62. Peak Envelope Power
64. Modulation type, abbr.
65. BER. 8 bits at a time
of a DIP
68. Subject a circuit to extreme operation
71. Computer communication scheme
72. The last
transmission by a station during a contact
73. Quickly changing portion of waveform
74. Brand of hobby
76. A common battery cell size
78. Joe Cahak's design consulting company in Ramona, CA, 2 wds., 78A
79. Calculus operation
1. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
2. Filter & coupling matrix synthesis software company in Denmark, 3 wds.,
2D + 71D + 58A
3. Is behind in phase
5. Unintended frequency product from a mixer
6. Lunar depression
7. Chemical symbol for lithium
8. Up in the air
9. _____ conductor
10. The natural conversion of one
element into another by radioactive decay
12. Logarithmic unit of power
13. Chemical symbol for francium
14. Greek letter
16. Stock symbol for National Semiconductor
17. Inadvertent impression of a signal onto
an adjacent conductor, 2 wds.
21. Exponent that returns the original number
22. Data transmission pathway
24. Base 16 number system, abbr.
26. Crystal filter type
29. _______ Microwave, SSPA manufacturer in
30. Type of propagation above 30 MHz by means of refraction by highly ionized regions around the
32. Does not pass electrical test
33. Produced when water boils?
35. Internet address,
36. Low Noise Amplifier
37. Mate to a bolt
39. The design component of total product cost, abbr.
40. Enhanced Graphics Adapter
41. Automatic Level Control
42. Imaging device, abbr.
43. Amateur Radio
52. Key feature in a high level overvoltage protection device
53. Finite-Element Model
Mass units, abbr.
55. Aircraft navigation system
57. Joe Cahak's design consulting company in Ramona, CA,
2 wds., 78A + 57D
59. RF component supplier (now L3-COM)
60. Greek letter used for resistance
63. Part of a male connector
65. Ham abbreviation indicating contacts with all major land masses
67. Radio signal route
69. Test equipment, abbr.
70. Chemical symbol for selenium
71. Filter & coupling matrix synthesis
software company in Denmark, 3 wds., 2D + 71D + 58A
75. 1E6 nanoseconds
77. Chemical symbol for aluminum
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe