Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
July 19, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Transfers a signal by EM interaction
Range of frequencies
11. RF component manufacturer in Arcadia, CA
13. Short for terminal
16. Maximum Usable Frequency
17. Counter ElectroMotive Force
20. Software engineering tool, abbr.
21. Test equipment manufacturer, now Agilent
23. Chemical symbol for
24. Online service
25. Unit of time, abbr.
26. Integrated circuit, abbr.
engineering change document, abbr., pl.
29. Voltage across an inductor = L * ____
31. Ham's code for
"Your net frequency is High."
32. Chemical symbol for radon
33. Frequency vs. amplitude plot
common battery cell size
36. Retain a charge
37. PCB etched RF shielding company in Easton, PA
Test equipment, abbr.
39. Solid state PA
40. Chemical symbol for bismuth
41. Crystal filter type
43. Time Division Multiple Access
45. Circuit element connecting PCB layers, pl.
46. Mate to an RX
Chemical symbol for polonium
48. Automatic Gain Control
49. Opposite of a LO
50. 1/6 inch printer's
53. Dig for computer data
55. High-speed logic family
57. One factor of a polynomial
59. ______ Electronics - electrical test cable & connector company in Pamona, CA
62. Million samples per
63. FORmula TRANslation
1. Pure carrier, abbr.
2. Original Equipment Manufacturer
3. Unbalanced-to-Unbalanced, pl.
5. Front edge of a wing, abbr.
8. PC follower
9. Japanese semiconductor &
10. One port on a FET
12. Modulation type, abbr.
14. An arrangement of
connected parts in a machine, pl.
15. Temperature sensitive semiconductor that has a negative temperature
coefficient of resistance
17. The "C" in CDMA
18. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
19. LCD display vendor
22. The cell band above DCN
28. Like an inductor coil with a ferrite form
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
31. Ham's code for "Your net frequency is Low."
33. Opposite of
34. Morse Code for "from"
36. Crystal filter type
37. Unix, Linux or Windows
maker in Hollis, NH
40. British Aerospace Electronics
42. Observed rule
44. ELI the ICE ___
Power supply vendor in Andover, MA
49. High electron mobility transistor
52. Line of Sight; Linux
54. One port of an amplifier
56. Low Noise Amplifier
58. Test point, abbr.
Chemical symbol for polonium
60. Chemical symbol for argon
61. Army-Navy specification, abbr.
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe