Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
June 27, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
2. Horsepower, abbr.
4. Type of current flow
7. Type of programmable device, abbr.
11. Last stage in a transmitter, abbr.
12. Home state of Los Alamos lab
13. RF ____, the world's best engineering website
16. Association of North American Radio Clubs
18. Major U.S. space & communications company
19. Emit electromagnetic energy
21. Helium, iron, silicon, or uranium, for example
23. Decimeter, abbr.
24. Chemical symbol for platinum
25. A measure of receiver quality, abbr.
26. 10^1 numerical prefix
27. Start frequency, abbr.
29. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform
31. Unit of weight
32. Chemical symbol for neon
33. Chemical symbol for francium
35. _______ strength - measure of resistance from breaking
39. Filter supplier located in Gaithersburg, MD
44. Describes when a synchronous motor has lost "lock"
49. Unit of time
50. Chemical symbol for aluminum
51. International Telecommunications Union
52. Part of a FOR loop
53. Mate to a TX
54. Upper frequency, abbr.
55. Part of this website's title
56. Chemical symbol for rhodium
58. 1E6 nanoseconds
60. High frequency semiconductor
63. Custom metal parts (shields, etc.) etching company located in Chicago, IL
67. Connector vendor headquartered in Bristol, PA
68. International phonetic alphabet letter "I"
69. Programmable logic device, abbr., pl.
70. Army-Navy specification, abbr.
71. Chemical symbol for cesium
73. Ham radio organization
74. Chemical symbol for silver
75. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
1. Longitudinal shape-forming structural element
2. Test equipment manufacturer, now Agilent
3. Color set
4. Radiating device
5. Centimeter, abbr.
6. Transition from solid to liquid phase
8. Low Noise Amplifier
9. Computer Assisted Design and Development
10. Uses a squeezing tool for attaching a wire lug
13. RF & DC power supply manufacturer located in Gloucester, MA
14. Length times width
15. Cooling device
17. Chemical symbol for calcium
18. Front edge of a wing, abbr.
20. Test point, abbr.
22. 30 kHz to 300 kHz
27. Foot, abbr.
28. Chemical symbol for selenium
30. Ratio of circumference to diameter
32. Chemical symbol for neptunium
33. Chemical symbol for iron
34. Type of flip-flop
36. Mr. DeForest's first name
38. Programmable logic device, abbr.
39. Chemical symbol for radon
40. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
42. Chemical symbol for thallium
43. Creating upward force with an airfoil
44. The "S" in SAW
45. Network department, abbr.
46. ______ Electronics - electrical test cable & connector company in Pamona, CA
47. Chemical symbol for erbium
48. Ham abbreviation for "distant station"
54. One possible go-no-go test result
55. One component of a complex number, abbr.
57. Chemical symbol for holmium
59. Parameter that is a figure of merit for receiver performance in presence of multiple signals, abbr.
60. Key feature in a high level overvoltage protection device, pl.
61. Amateur Radio Association
62. Start frequency, abbr.
64. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
65. Powers pneumatic devices
66. The "B" in BGA
70. A common battery cell size
72. Surface mount, abbr.