June 21, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
Capacitor manufacturer in Huntington Station, NY
4. _______ Engineering, sheet metal enclosure manufacturer
in the U.K.
10. Push To Talk
13. Line of Sight; Linux Operating System
15. Small representative graphics
16. Multiplexer, abbr.
18. Chemical symbol for nickel
20. Negation prefix
22. Special diode that can
be switched, abbr.
23. Digital Subscriber Line
24. Unit of capacitance, abbr.
25. Unit of temperature
28. French mathematician Siméon-Denis _______
30. End Of Transmission
31. An array of 12 or 16 numbered
keys that generate the standard telephone dual tone multifrequency (DTMF) dialing signals, 2 wds.
36. One state of matter
38. Surge protector vendor in Miami, FL
39. Error checking scheme,
41. Related to FM by a differential
43. Type of logic gate
45. Type of memory
46. Chemical symbol
47. Method used to sell off wireless spectrum to corporations
48. Produced an equation from
49. Part of this website's title
50. Imaging device, abbr.
53. Relative power level unit,
54. Chemical symbol for xenon
55. Data transmission pathway
56. Moves from cell to cell
Automatic repeat request used in AMTOR
61. Specialized mobile radio
62. Ham radio operator
that returns the original number
66. Apply (as a voltage)
68. Collection of access points
symbol for niobium
72. A keyboard key
73. Cooling device
75. Amateur Radio Association
manufacturer with "meatball" logo
77. Last statement in a BASIC program
78. 1/1000000 prefix
82. Describes the action of cleaving a crystal plane
83. Point placed on a scope or analyzer
display for noting a specific value, pl.
84. Electromagnetic compatibility, abbr.
symbol for thallium
3. Type of source used by a Norton equivalent circuit
5. Opposite of a LO
Computational Sciences, abbr.
7. Sounding device vehicle
8. Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
9. Unit of time,
10. Passive RF component manufacturer in Clifton, NJ
11. Mate to an RX
12. RF connector type
14. Semiconductor On Insulator, abbr.
16. Degree of IC sophistication, abbr.
17. Circuit for firing a magnetron,
19. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
21. Mate to a bolt
23. U.S. military organization, abbr.
Type of e-mail address system
26. Basis for decibels, abbr.
27. System On Chip
28. Programmable logic
29. Miniature RF connector
32. Networks International Corporation, abbr., manufacturer of
custom RF & microwave filters, Overland Park, KS
33. Peak Envelope Power
35. Electric coronal discharge
37. Small DIP package, abbr., pl.
39. Common Object Request Broker Service
40. The "D" in BCD
44. Unit of length equal to 5.5 yards
45. Positive voltage lead color
46. Base 16 number
51. Voice of America
52. Using the moon as a passive reflector to establish a signal path;
55. Graphics file extension
56. Common average used for sinewaves, abbr.
leading edge of a signal
58. Archaic Japanese unit of length equal to 30.3 mm
60. Ham's code for "Station
is leaving the net."
61. Miniature RF connector
62. Amplifier Solutions Corporation, abbr.
program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
65. Unit of energy
66. Indium phosphide
67. IC killer
69. Total radiated power, abbr.
70. Send Morse Code
73. Type of digital filter, abbr.
74. The design
component of total product cost, abbr.
77. Chemical symbol for europium
78. 1/000 of an amp
of logic gate
81. Centimeter, abbr.