June 14, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. RF IC manufacturer located in Dübendorf,
6. Flash tube gas
10. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
11. Chemical symbol for
12. A BPF spec
13. Chemical symbol for nobelium
14. Ham's code for "Are you busy?"
Degree of IC sophistication, abbr.
17. Opposite of I.D.
18. Type of flip-flop
20. Light ray
Government program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
23. Open a fuse
26. Metric system, abbr.
29. Exponent that returns the original number
30. 10^1 numerical prefix
31. Duration of transmission
35. Chemical symbol for chromium
36. Aircraft navigation system
38. End Of Transmission
39. The design component of total product cost, abbr.
41. Long Range Aid to
43. Change connector type
45. Precision landing system, abbr.
46. International phonetic
alphabet letter "O"
47. Elemental compound used for microwave frequency reference oscillators, abbr.
49. Type of flip flop
50. Chemical symbol for erbium
52. Chemical symbol for tin
Instruments for Industry, Ronkonkoma, NY, abbr.
54. Colorado Springs military school, abbr.
Organization requiring 25 years of amateur service for membership, abbr.
57. One bit of a real number
1. Amateur Television, abbr.
2. Greek letter
3. Type of reconfigurable memory, abbr.
4. Form into a specific shape
5. RF connector company located in Merlin, OR
6. Transformer, abbr.
Exalted-Carrier Single Sideband, abbr.
8. Switch position
9. Logical negation operator
16. Kilovolt x
20. Binary Coded Decimal
21. Chemical symbol for arsenic
24. Local Oscillator
25. BER. 8 bits at a time
27. Chemical symbol for
28. Surface mount, abbr.
31. Amateur Radio Association
32. One component of a complex number, abbr.
33. Network department, abbr.
34. Last statement in a BASIC
37. Logic gates
40. Straight line emanating from a point source
41. Upward force generated by
42. Cell phone manufacturer
43. Length times width, pl.
44. Unit of weight, pl.
switch & attenuator manufacturer located in Indianapolis, IN
51. Radio Frequency Interference, abbr.
Integrated circuit, abbr.
55. Chemical symbol for silver