May 3, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Adjacent Channel Power Ratio
5. CDMA Development Group, abbr.
8. Common solder composition (pre-lead-free)
12. Property of a lens that allows it to focus all wavelengths to the same point
16. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform
18. Light ray
19. One factor of a polynomial
20. Galilean moon
21. Unit of energy
23. Unit of current
24. Silicon transistor type
25. Signal-to-noise ratio, abbr.
26. Logical gate type, pl.
28. Last stage in a transmitter, abbr.
29. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
30. Eight bits
31. Alternative name for a pi meson
33. Ham's code for "Shall I stop sending?"
35. Join a male and a female connector
36. Line extending out from center
38. Tall structures for antennas
40. Chemical symbol for magnesium
41. Cabinet manufacturer in Cincinnati, OH
42. Chemical symbol for plutonium
43. Measure a waveform at regular intervals
47. Wireless modem manufacturer
51. Telecommunications Information Network Architecture
52. Atmospheres, abbr.
54. Query an input for changes
55. Antenna radiated power measurement, abbr.
56. Chemical symbol for praseodymium
57. Chemical symbol for arsenic
59. Bilateral trigger diode
61. Voice of America
62. Person responsible for program spending, abbr.
63. Government program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
65. Permeability-Tuned Oscillator
66. Switch position
67. The constellation in which Canopus is located
68. Total Access Communication System
70. Chemical symbol for erbium
71. Frequency-selective with high rate of out-of-band attenuation
74. Concentric cable type
75. Archaic Japanese unit of length equal to 30.3 mm
76. Network configuration
2. Chemical symbol for calcium
3. Substrate for mounting components, abbr.
4. Moon of Saturn discovered in 1672
5. Personal computer vendor
6. Decimeter, abbr.
7. The "G" in YAG
8. Alternative name for Pi Meson
9. Base Station Transceivers
10. Surface mount, abbr.
11. Circuit path with very high or infinite impedance
13. Increase voltage linearly
14. Uppermost surface, pl.
15. Material used in the center of an inductor coil
17. Means or path by which a radio signal travels from a transmitting station to a receiving station
20. Insert a value into a series using an estimate based on nearby known values
22. Power distribution system
25. Real estate where equipment is located
27. Semiconductor On Insulator, abbr.
30. Bulk Acoustic Wave
32. 1e-6 mA
34. Have a chemically induced efffect
35. Chemical symbol for molybdenum
36. Common average used for sinewaves, abbr.
37. Mr. DeForest's first name
38. Ham abbreviation for transceiver
39. Add two or more inputs
44. Gigantic star in Cetus
45. Silicon transistor type
46. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
48. Internet protocol, abbr.
49. Unit of length equal to 5.5 yards
50. Short video segment
52. Strong cable coverings
53. ______ Marietta, or Lockheed ______
55. Electronic Variable Optical Attenuator
56. Send a wireless to an early hip-worn wireless device
58. Physical barrier
60. Lacing ____, for bundling cables
62. Constellation : The southern cross
64. Advanced Communication Technologies and Services
67. A common battery cell size
69. Adjust a pot
71. Chemical symbol for cobalt
72. Upper frequency, abbr.
73. Chemical symbol for radium