Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. RF filter & components manufacturer in
7. Chemical symbol for cesium
9. Number system with a base of 16
10. Device for
intentionally blocking communications signals
13. Radio Amateurs of Canada
15. Waveform limit definition,
16. Internet protocol, abbr.
17. Chemical symbol for gadolinium
18. Term for asymmetry of a statistical distribution, pl.
19. The "R"
22. Seventh planet from the sun
24. Used logic gates
25. Region of low relative pressure
Ovenized crystal oscillator, abbr.
27. Engineering Change Order, abbr.
28. Type of Mylar airframe
structure covering (2 words)
29. A three-terminal power semiconductor device noted for high efficiency and fast switching (abbr.)
Like a heatsink
31. Electronic warfare defense, abbr.
32. IC killer
33. Switch producer
Application Specific Integrated Circuit, abbr.
37. Type of inductance found in transformers
38. The "T"
39. RF attenuator maker, now owned by Aeroflex
42. Ratio of circumference to diameter
Opposite of O.D.
44. Create a power supply output w/o a ground reference
46. Archaic Japanese unit of length equal to 30.3 mm
47. Negatively charged ions
50. Compact Fluorescent Light
51. Band between RF and BB
52. SSHPA manufacturer in Inglewood, CA
2. Temperature-compensated crystal oscillator, abbr., pl.
3. Wire diameter unit, abbr.
4. FCC Part 15 rules apply in this band
5. Sends a telegram
6. VCO manufacturer in San Diego, CA
Unintentionally impressing a signal on a transmission line
9. Stock symbol for Harris Communications
Mathematical model for an inexact representation of a function
12. Triggering method
engineering tool, abbr.
20. Chemical symbol for argon
21. Test equipment, abbr.
23. Type of optical
25. Vector Offset Frequency Shift Keying
35. Chemical symbol for selenium
40. RF systems company in Rochester, NY, abbr. (now owned by GE)
41. International phonetic alphabet letter "T"
44. Crystal face
48. Type of digital
49. Switch position