Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. BNC, SMA, N, 7/16, et al
9. Person responsible for program spending, abbr.
11. Mate to a bolt
12. 10^1 numerical prefix
13. Foot, abbr.
14. Amateur radio abbreviation for the Oceania region
16. Chemical symbol for antimony
19. Digital Voltmeter
21. Bipolar Junction Transistor
23. Chemical symbol for francium
25. Min-to-max voltage of a waveform
27. 1.602E-19 Joules
29. Loose end of a cable
31. Last stage in a transmitter, abbr.
32. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
33. Encased in a protective covering
35. Chemical symbol for palladium
36. Chemical symbol for thallium
37. Logic family
38. Logic gates
40. Reliability measure
42. Computer Assisted Design and Development
44. Frequency Division Duplex
45. Greek letter
46. Local Oscillator
47. Unit of time
48. First-in, first-out, abbr.
50. Upper frequency, abbr.
51. Chemical symbol for aluminum
52. BASIC program command
54. Chemical symbol for nickel
55. Test equipment manufacturer, now Agilent
56. Chemical symbol for bismuth
57. 30 MHz to 300 MHz
59. Resistor vendor in Berne, IN
62. Greek letter (micro)
63. Chemical symbol for neon
64. Chemical symbol for gallium
66. Hamese for Young Lady
68. Half of a DIP
72. Fuel-air mixing device
2. Switch position
3. Greek letter used for frequency
4. Transportation accident investigation agency, abbr.
5. Chemical symbol for cadmium
6. Chemical symbol for tantalum
7. Part of this website's title
8. Official Space Shuttle designation, abbr.
9. Describes a PCB metallization
10. Type of current flow
17. Bipolar Junction Transistor
18. Compact Fluorescent Light
20. Transition from solid to liquid phase
22. Transformer interwinding connections
24. A communications mode in which a radio transmits and receives on two different frequencies but performs only one of these operations at any given time
26. Related to FM by a differential
28. Unit of apparent power, abbr.
30. Opposite of O.D.
31. Push To Talk
33. Imaging device, abbr.
34. U.S. military organization, abbr.
39. Radio Direction Finding
40. Unit of admittance
41. Part of a FOR loop
43. Online service
44. Fast-Scan TV
45. RF integrated circuit
47. Chemical symbol for nobelium
49. One port of an amplifier
50. Femtohenry, abbr.
52. Image file format name extension
53. Unit of resistance
58. An overcurrent protection device
60. Chemical symbol for thulium
61. Automatic Gain Control
63. 1e-6 mA
65. A common battery cell size
66. Chemical symbol for ytterbium
67. Chemical symbol for lutetium
69. Network department, abbr.
70. Chemical symbol for polonium