May 10, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Chemical symbol for strontium
3. Chemical symbol for platinum
5. Reflected radar or sonar signal, pl.
8. Unit of capacitance
11. Like a remotely controlled missile
13. Metric angle unit
14. Automated Test Equipment
15. Radio navigation system
17. Logic gates
19. Below ELF
21. System On Chip
22. BlackBerry or Jordana for example, abbr.
24. Abbreviation for peak voltage
26. Type of data conversion device, abbr.
28. British Aerospace Electronics
29. Surface mount, abbr.
30. 30 GHz to 300 GHz
32. Concentric cable type
35. Test document for verifying proper
36. Dilbert rodent
37. Beaver's last name
38. Application Service Provider, abbr.
39. Electromagnetic surveillance thwarting
41. Software engineering tool, abbr.
42. Electronics manufacturer with "meatball" logo
43. Semiconductor lamp
44. Capacitor manufacturer in
Huntington Station, NY
46. 1E6 nanoseconds
48. Innovative Power Products, Holbrook, NY, abbr.
50. End Of Transmission
52. Basis for decibels, abbr.
53. Dielectric material used to form a hermetic
seal for thru-wall conductors
55. Add two or more inputs
57. Aluminum Gallium Arsenide
59. Its chemical symbol is I
61. First American to orbit the earth - John ...
62. Solid of rotation whose sides are the
hypotenuse of a right triangle, pl.
63. 10^1 numerical prefix
64. Morse Code for "from"
1. Wire mesh wrapped around center conductor
2. Unit of length equal to 5.5 yards
4. Vacuum tube with three control grids
5. Enhanced Graphics Adapter
6. Trims a piece of Kapton tape to length
7. Adjust a pot
8. Cooling device
9. RF passive device manufacturer in Bay Shore, NY
10. The system than converts common website
names to IP addresses, abbr.
12. 10^1 numerical prefix, pl.
13. Radio Amateurs of Canada
16. Concentric cable type
18. Mean, geometric, rolling, etc.
20. Like a crystal
22. Color set
23. Apply (as a voltage)
25. Angular distance between one event and another in a regularly recurring cycle
27. Like an inductor coil with a ferrite form
28. Strong, lightweight wood
29. Produced when water boils?
31. Network file transfer protocol, abbr.
33. Atmospheres, abbr.
34. Current-voltage phase mnemonic
35. A feedback scheme to level out the receiver
audio volume, abbr.
40. International phonetic alphabet letter "P"
43. Was behind in phase
45. Trigonometric function equal to the ratio
between the side adjacent to a given angle,
and the hypotenuse
47. Query an input for changes
48. Precision landing system, abbr.
49. Greek letter
51. Tweak a filter for the correct response
52. Be behind in phase
53. Gallium nitride chemical symbol
54. System On Chip
56. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
58. Automatic network analyzer, abbr.
60. U.S. military organization, abbr.