Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
May 10, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Chemical symbol for strontium
symbol for platinum
5. Reflected radar or sonar signal, pl.
8. Unit of capacitance
11. Like a remotely controlled missile
13. Metric angle unit
14. Automated Test Equipment
15. Radio navigation system
17. Logic gates
19. Below ELF
22. BlackBerry or Jordana for example, abbr.
24. Abbreviation for peak voltage
26. Type of
data conversion device, abbr.
28. British Aerospace Electronics
29. Surface mount, abbr.
30. 30 GHz to
32. Concentric cable type
35. Test document for verifying proper
36. Dilbert rodent
37. Beaver's last name
38. Application Service Provider, abbr.
39. Electromagnetic surveillance thwarting
41. Software engineering tool, abbr.
Electronics manufacturer with "meatball" logo
43. Semiconductor lamp
44. Capacitor manufacturer in
Huntington Station, NY
46. 1E6 nanoseconds
Innovative Power Products, Holbrook, NY, abbr.
50. End Of Transmission
52. Basis for decibels, abbr.
53. Dielectric material used to form a hermetic
seal for thru-wall conductors
55. Add two or more inputs
57. Aluminum Gallium Arsenide
59. Its chemical symbol is I
61. First American to orbit the earth - John ...
62. Solid of rotation whose sides are the
hypotenuse of a right triangle, pl.
63. 10^1 numerical prefix
64. Morse Code for "from"
1. Wire mesh wrapped around center conductor
2. Unit of length equal to 5.5 yards
Vacuum tube with three control grids
5. Enhanced Graphics Adapter
6. Trims a piece of Kapton tape to
7. Adjust a pot
8. Cooling device
9. RF passive device manufacturer in Bay Shore, NY
system than converts common website
names to IP addresses, abbr.
12. 10^1 numerical prefix, pl.
13. Radio Amateurs of Canada
Concentric cable type
18. Mean, geometric, rolling, etc.
20. Like a crystal
22. Color set
(as a voltage)
25. Angular distance between one event and another in a regularly recurring cycle
an inductor coil with a ferrite form
28. Strong, lightweight wood
29. Produced when water boils?
Network file transfer protocol, abbr.
33. Atmospheres, abbr.
34. Current-voltage phase mnemonic
feedback scheme to level out the receiver
audio volume, abbr.
40. International phonetic alphabet
43. Was behind in phase
45. Trigonometric function equal to the ratio
side adjacent to a given angle,
and the hypotenuse
47. Query an input for changes
landing system, abbr.
49. Greek letter
51. Tweak a filter for the correct response
52. Be behind in phase
53. Gallium nitride chemical symbol
54. System On Chip
56. Akin to EEs, CEs, AEs, etc.
network analyzer, abbr.
60. U.S. military organization, abbr.
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe