April 26, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Unit of current
4. Transformer interwinding connection
7. 30 MHz to 300 MHz
10. A network of components used to partition voltage into certain levels at certain points, pl.
14. UMTS terrestrial radio access, abbr.
15. Material testing organization, abbr.
17. Engineering Change Notice, abbr.
20. Foot, abbr.
23. 1.602E-19 Joules
24. Mr. DeForest's first name
26. Unit of admittance, pl.
28. One of the first commercial software spreadsheets, (w/123)
30. RF passive device manufacturer in Bay Shore, NY
31. Element in front of the driven element in a Yagi or Quad antenna
33. Course headings
35. Chemical symbol for tantalum
36. Chemical symbol for argon
37. Chemical symbol for copper
38. Microhenry, abbr.
39. Equivalent Series Resistance
40. Chemical symbol for palladium
41. Chemical symbol for erbium
42. Chemical symbol for iron
43. Network department, abbr.
45. Platforms for synthetic radar
49. Shiny metallic element
53. National Television System Committee
54. Numerical prefix for 10^2
56. Frequency vs. amplitude plot
57. Describes the action of cleaving a crystal plane
58. Upper frequency, abbr.
60. Logarithmic units of power
61. Part of this website's title
63. Silicon transistor type
64. Complex Instruction Set Computer
66. ____-Einstein condensates
68. Performing a calculus function
71. Line of Sight; Linux Operating System
72. Wavelength Division Multiplexing
73. Very large unit of apparent power, abbr.
1. Arithmetic Logic Unit
2. Reliability measure
4. Test equipment, abbr.
5. Change connector type
6. Ratio of circumference to diameter
7. Tool for holding parts while working on them
8. High Definition Television
9. Finite-Element Model
11. Chemical symbol for gallium
12. Unit of apparent power, abbr.
13. A property of memristors
16. What you make with a DMM or o-scope
18. Type of distribution, squared
19. Type of logic gate
21. Made an adjustment to misalignment
24. Computer communication scheme
25. Unit of energy
27. Adjust a pot
28. Local Oscillator
29. Chemical symbol for selenium
30. Powers pneumatic devices
32. Filter transfer function
34. The "R" in ARINC
42. U.S. Spectrum allocation agency
44. Miniature RF connector
46. International Telecommunications Union
47. Readability, Signal, and Tone (QoS report type)
48. Femtohenry, abbr.
50. Chemical symbol for holmium
51. Charged particle
52. User Datagram Protocol
55. 4 GHz to 8 GHz
58. First-in, first-out, abbr.
59. A compiler directive
61. Move from cell to cell
62. Fast-Scan TV
64. Compact Fluorescent Light
65. Chemical symbol for chromium
66. Chemical symbol for bismuth
67. Electronics Industry Association
69. Modern battlefield technique, abbr.
70. Chemical symbol for thulium