Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
April 19, 2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2009 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Positively charged ion
7. The most distant point of an orbit from the earth
12. ELI the ICE ___
13. Electrical circuit diagram
14. Half of a DIP
16. Opposite of I.D.
17. Shorthand for liquid oxygen
18. Negative temperature coefficient, abbr.
20. Astronomical Unit (93E6 miles)
21. End Of Transmission
22. Swiss mathematician who extensively studied complex numbers
23. Type of data conversion device, abbr.
25. Device for allowing two surfaces to rotate wrt each other, pl.
28. Indium Gallium Arsenide semiconductor
30. Last statement in a BASIC program
31. Mr. Piper's famous yellow airplane
33. Fast Fourier Transform
34. Type of chart
35. Type of flip-flop
37. CRT or LCD, for example
39. Type of flip-flop
40. He united electricity and magnetism into the concept of the electro-magnetic field
41. Chemical symbol for chlorine
42. Softens metal
44. Home state of Los Alamos lab
46. Mr. DeForest's first name
48. Intermodulation distortion, abbr.
49. Unit of current
51. Chemical symbol for beryllium oxide
52. British astronomer ... Halley
54. Describes an amplifier capable of tolerating any complex source/load impedance
56. IC killer
57. Voltage limiter
58. Akin to WAC, only just in America
59. One component of a complex number, abbr.
61. Manufacturer of project boxes
63. U.K. equivalent of the IEEE
64. Chemical symbol for cobalt
65. Semiconductor On Insulator, abbr.
67. Charge storage device
70. Archaic Japanese unit of length equal to 30.3 mm
71. Verbal communications
72. Mate a plug to a jack
1. Software drafting tool, abbr.
2. Army-Navy specification, abbr.
3. RF connector & cable vendor in Farmingdale, NY
4. Ovenized crystal oscillator, abbr.
5. Nanohenry, abbr.
6. Amplifier vendor in Souderton, PA
7. PC follower
8. Part of a male connector
9. An arc of a circle equal to one eighth of its circumference
10. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
11. Electronics Industry Association
15. Short waveform excursions from a reference state
17. Basis for decibels, abbr.
19. CDMA Development Group, abbr.
21. Last statement in a BASIC program
24. Common shortcut reference for a capacitor
26. Put a new program on a computer
27. Add two or more inputs
28. Discipline for aircraft navigation in low visibility environments, abbr.
29. Common platform for synthetic aperture radar, pl.
32. Company that markets Delphi software
36. Wheel attachment points
38. One cutoff frequency specification for a bandpass filter
41. Sets the flip-flop output to "0"
42. Stock symbol for Advanced Micro Devices
43. Specialized mobile radio
47. Using the moon as a passive reflector to establish a signal path; moonbounce, abbr.
48. Transfer charge w/o physical contact
50. Physical quantity defined as being the work done per unit time, pl.
51. Data transmission pathway
53. Upper Sideband
55. British Aerospace Electronics
60. Electrical overstress, abbr.
62. Type of data conversion device, abbr.
63. Charged particle
64. Describes the action of cleaving a crystal plane
66. Internet protocol, abbr.
68. Picohenry, abbr.
69. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
70. Chemical symbol for strontium